• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam only?

I don't have a credit card, but I find that PayPal accepts my debit card and I think Steam have started supporting my card now. Steam has been absolutely fantastic for me, living on a remote island north of scotland, there is one Game Shop which only stocks the most popular of games. I used to have to buy games from Amazon which took ages to ship up here(usually 1 and a half to 2 weeks), whereas Steam just takes a day or so to download. And I've never encountered any problems with it.

The people who say its riddled with bugs are the people who also say PayPal is riddled with bugs, generally an excuse for pirates.

Upvote 0
Ok, thx for the reply.
Guess i'll have to install it then.. and it does contain bugs.. Last time I installed it on Vista (3 months ago) Vista went haywire and I could only remove it from safe-mode. And it wasn't Vistas fault. So im a bit of reluctant to install it, although I really, really want to buy this mod:D
Sorry but...

I've been running Steam on Vista for years now. The only issues that have come up for me were quickly fixed either with the usual "fix" of deleting the clientregistry.blob or waiting for a quick patch from Valve.

Then again, I run without that annoying UAC so perhaps that's something.

I'd strongly look into seeing what is going on with either your connection, your user permissions, or with Vista itself.

Upvote 0
Whats with this: only pirates experience steam bugs.

I downloaded the Steam installer today from the website itself.
Took like 5 tries, 3 crashes and some errors to get it installed legitly. Hows that for few bugs xD. But atleast I got it installed:cool:.

Head on down to The Podium section and start posting your problems, and what happens. We'll get you straightened out down there.

I installed Vista-64 and the first thing I installed after my drivers was Steam and RO, and have never had a problem yet. So there's something not right there...

Upvote 0
Thx for all the offers for support, but its working ok now so far..

A few points tho:
1. Im on windows 7. Vista was back a few months. 7 is Way more stable, less annoying uac. Steam should install like on vista, and well.. As ppl in the irc heard, it did. Bugs all over again but in the end it installed.

About steam not being the problem tho.. On both 7 and vista my registry, internet and hardware are/were all fine. Im pretty tech savvy, so i know this for sure. And my windows installer aint corrupt eitjer, other things install fine. That pretty much narrows it down to steam being buggy. Especially since other things install fine..
But the bottom line is that i got it installed and cant wait for the release of kf:ressurection :)

Upvote 0