• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism? This game IS realism.

This one will be even better I hope.

http://1944game.com/

Sounds like it will be an AMAZING game, and I REALLY want to play it. I mean comon, you have to jack up your jeep and manually repair the tire. You can choose to be a machine gun loader and actually have to use your controls to move the ammo around and reload. You can choose to be a chaplin and simply go around giving last rights and saying prayers to increase morale. If you are a medic it's not just click a button and heal, you actually have to work to put on a bandage.

Upvote 0
This one will be even better I hope.

http://1944game.com/

Sounds like it will be an AMAZING game, and I REALLY want to play it. I mean comon, you have to jack up your jeep and manually repair the tire. You can choose to be a machine gun loader and actually have to use your controls to move the ammo around and reload. You can choose to be a chaplin and simply go around giving last rights and saying prayers to increase morale. If you are a medic it's not just click a button and heal, you actually have to work to put on a bandage.

Will come out in like 2008...

AND THEN just as it wants to come out

they will change engines

that mod has been in dev for 2 years now

On topic: ill try this game

Upvote 0
I miss my ww2ol, my buddies have been asking where I've been :(

It's making a lot of leaps and bounds, they are starting to come out with weather soon! O snap, texture are better, more effects, better graphics. Oh man, it's just a BLAST to play especially when you are in a squad and everyone is working together. Not to mention the game is actually growing! Too bad I'm in college and can't spend the 15. If I did pay the 15 bucks a month I would feel obligated to play, which might take time from my school work.

Upvote 0
hell yeah i've played since release and just recently stopped playing, yet every day i come home from school itching to play it ...

damn unemployment to hell and gone, job interview tomorrow tho :D

Hang in there, and good luck tomorrow!

A while back I pointed out that RO could be costing me thousands of bucks a month if it kept me from getting a job. I did get the job, and so will you, too. =)

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/jjj/

Upvote 0
I havent played the game since the last 'welcome back soldier,' but it looks like with the new uber-patch coming in they'll start another one.

And as i'm getting a job soon, i'll be able to AFFORD this game as well.

WWIIOL is a legendary game, the first of it's kind, and damn fun if you've ever took the time to give it a good shot instead of quitting after you couldnt figure out how to fly a plane...

PS: It's good to have a joystick if you want to play this game to it's fullest.

Upvote 0
Joystick is a must for tanks. Also this game is EXTREMELY difficult. If you want to be good I have two SERIOUS suggestions. 1. Stick to a vetern like a fly on **** 2. Read a ww2 book on the story of how a raw recruit made it through the war.

When you learn that death comes from everywhere, and you can't see it, you will learn to keep your head down and to be patient. RO and WW2OL can't be compared. If you try to play ww2ol like RO you will come running back to RO crying like a baby. :D

Upvote 0
One of the things I love about WWIIonline is that it can take literally hours of dogged fighting, taking supply from various surrounding towns and FBs to actually cap an objective, and by taking supplies from those towns you actually weaken them which could result in losing a counter attack. It actually feels realistic to fight. No-one expects you to take and hold 4 objectives in 20 minutes and then call the game realistic. And of course, the tank armour penetration and damage calculations are without equal.

Upvote 0
The battles for Antwerp last days. Sometimes we can get a mass of people on and swarm the place.

I've been in battles for towns and surrounding areas that have lasted hours. I've been on missions (with one life) for hours on end.

In fact I've even left the game on all night once and put it on auto jog and I ran to the Alps! Well, close to them. I've seen pictures of people in the Alps, insaneness. I think the Rats have a secret base lodged up there were they test their secret weapons and mess with us.

Upvote 0
If you think the learning curve in RO is large, WWII Online dwarfs it in comparison.

To be honest, the infantry play in WWII Online is meh... It's very choppy and there's no way to fix it (client side damage means that death delay is a real problem).

But the tanking and flight simulation portions of the game are excellent. Many of the players are making an effort to encourage the strategic bombing portion of the game (which has a few problems).

Definately try out the free trial. I've been playing the game since 2002 and am still a subscriber (though I rarely play it any more). The graphics are pretty mediocre, but to be honest, the depth of game play beats every other game out there today.

Upvote 0
RO is everything WW2OL should've been.

You kid, are a blatant moron.

That is by FAR the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this message board, possibly on any message board. You couldn't be any further from correct.

Yeah WWIIol's learning curve is like 90* angle. But once you get it, you get it and fighting is no longer frustrating, unless you get a death kill. The thing I learned from infantry fighting is you must always be moving when in close quarters so you don't get the double kill thing. You need to surprise your enemy, when they come to attack you, counter attack them, don't let them get a shot off and you shouldn't have a problem with double kills.

I did find the proportion of tanks vs infantry extremely terrible. But the only way to fix that is with more players. It just ****s that you have more tanks shooting at you than enemy inf. But sometimes it makes for some VERY VERY exciting gameplay, especially in town. It's like you HAVE to run across the street that a tank is guarding, so you run for it and luckily dodge his bullets and hide in a building. Then you hide in there and you hear him rumble closer and closer and you are like please God, please don't let his turret turn towards me! Or if you have a satchel charge you need to wait till he presents the "sweet spot" and run out and place the charge....hair raising stuff. Tank hunting is certainly one of the most exciting things you can do in the game.

Upvote 0
The armored combat portion of Ro is seriously in need of a fix. There are lots of bugs and inaccuaries which plauge Ro's tank combat currently a few well known examples:
1. T-60 (shoots mystery rarer than gold "APCR" belts)
2. PTRD (twice as much penetration as it had realistically)
3. Pz III L has 30mm of frontal armor rather than 50+70mm
4. Stug bug
alot more to come.........

Look for my upcomming Tank bug/inaccuracy post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0