• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blurred vision and hard to focus while playing.

Vintage

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Searching for survivors.
Anyone else get this while playing KF2? I've been gaming for 26 years and I've never encountered this while playing a game before. I'm wondering if anyone else who doesn't normally get these symptoms while gaming has gotten them while playing KF2.

If you've fixed it, tell me how you did. Is there a graphics setting I should disable? I've turned off motion blur but it didn't help. Anything else I can do, or any other settings I could possibly disable that might be making it hard for me to focus while playing?

Keep in mind I when I play KF it's usually for an hour at a time. I play this game sparingly so it's not being caused from an 8 hour session of gazing at my monitor.

Hi Vintage,

I thinkI have experienced this problem as well. The entire screen (world / zeds / weapons etc) would suddenly go very blurry and for seemingly no reason. (I remember having to look away from the screen to convince myself it wasn't my eyes :D ) Would still be the case when stood still so I doubt it's a motion blur problem. I think what fixed it for me was turning of the Depth of field option (if i remember correctly). So that's probably worth a try...

Upvote 0
Depth of field is in the same category as lens flares... So cool, but... are my eyes supposed to be a video camera?

I'm glad the excessive lens flare era is gone though, as well as the "my models and rendering is crap, so I'll smear excessive bloom everywhere" era.

Oh, speaking of which, there is a more ridiculous feature than dof in KF2 just for the "cool" factor - god rays!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't experienced this in KF2, per se, but in the original Borderlands, the low FOV coupled with View Bob used to make my eyes hurt and cause disorientation.

A more recent example of such symptoms was Dead Island. There, the POV camera is actually mounted on the player model parkour-style and weaves all over the place like you're three sheets to the wind. It was literally the first game to give me motion-sickness, and I've been playing FPSes since the original DOOM.

In case it would help here, the steps I had to take in DI to make it playable were to increase FOV, and turn-off both DOF and Bloom. Once I did that, the severity of the nausea/disorientation decreased to where I was finally able to become inured to it.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0