• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vietcong WWII weapons and levels.

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
Since we already have a BUNCH or WWII guns made for Ro2 HoS and Rising Storm that are historic for the VC to use...ones like:
-MP-44
-Nambu type 14
-DP-28
-SVT-40
-TT-33
-Nagant Revolver
-P-38
-Mosin Nagant Rifle
-Type 99 rifle
-Mauser K-98
-PPSH-41
-PPS-43
-Type 99 LMG
-MG-34
-MG-42
-PM M1910 HMG

It also seems that the South Vietnamese also used old U.S guns like the M-1 rifle and carbine as well as the M 1903

That being said, Could these weapons make an appearance back in the new game? and, If so, another idea I have had is to give old players a perk (who owned Ro:2 and got Rising storm) like what was done with the bayonet from level 0 in Heros of Stalingrad by migrating over unlocks and ranks to their favorite "classic" weapons? I don't think any of these weapons (save maybe the MP-44 pretty much and Mkb.) in their fully upgraded state would destroy balance greatly in the game when pitted against US firepower and would also serve as an incentive for older players to step back from immediately stacking the US side for the warm glow of M-60's and M-16's and bloopers

please NO weapon unlocks and upgrades in Rising Storm 2 - Vietnam.

Why do you keep writing that? Ramm made it clear already.
97f1dceacbd421d76e0ac81d60ea3a5f.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Concerning this topic, I'd say I prefer fewer weapons but well-made. Good and realistic animations, I think it's better than a bunch of weapons all having the same feeling. I'm not completely against the idea, but it shouldn't interfere with the quality. I'd like them to really polish "main" weapons.

Concerning weapons unlocking, I played RO2&RS a lot (and also ROOST), and I didn't feel any problem with that, because there are no overpowered weapons. As always, as soon it is well-made I don't know why we should complain.

Upvote 0
Concerning weapons unlocking, I played RO2&RS a lot (and also ROOST), and I didn't feel any problem with that, because there are no overpowered weapons. As always, as soon it is well-made I don't know why we should complain.
but some stuff was kinda "more powerful"...

the MKb 42 with a scope,AVT-40 sniper,beltfeed MG34,automatic pistol,BAR grip...
and with leveling you had less recoil and weapon sway,faster aim down sight,faster reloading/bolting,more ammo ,bigger mags,...

the biggest problem i had with this,is that some of those guns/unlocks,were extremely rare on the battlefield ,...MP40 -dual mag :rolleyes:

and the whole enemy weapon loadout thing was also kinda immersion breaking for me,when russians spawn with MG34 or MKb.

Upvote 0
but some stuff was kinda "more powerful"...

the MKb 42 with a scope,AVT-40 sniper,beltfeed MG34,automatic pistol,BAR grip...
and with leveling you had less recoil and weapon sway,faster aim down sight,faster reloading/bolting,more ammo ,bigger mags,...

the biggest problem i had with this,is that some of those guns/unlocks,were extremely rare on the battlefield ,...MP40 -dual mag :rolleyes:

and the whole enemy weapon loadout thing was also kinda immersion breaking for me,when russians spawn with MG34 or MKb.

yeah, something would have to be done about the uber rare unlocks I don't doubt that...but at least if you have a well leveled MP-40, you know, select grade, fast reload...keep it. I would not advocate srange stuff like the dual mag or the really rare stuff like the AVT. but none of them would be more overpowered than the US side which has M-16's and M-60's

Concerning this topic, I'd say I prefer fewer weapons but well-made. Good and realistic animations, I think it's better than a bunch of weapons all having the same feeling. I'm not completely against the idea, but it shouldn't interfere with the quality. I'd like them to really polish "main" weapons.

My point is, the guns are already polised, from RO2 and Risng Storm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that RS2 should take a page from the PR mod in regard to the Vietcong.
The VC team should all have set weapons when they spawn. There should be map specific weapons placed with hidden ammo caches for the VC to pick up though.

These could include anything from the US and Russian side of WW2, and I'd throw in an MP40 and MG34/42 at certain spawns because a few of those made their way into South East Asian during the war some how.

Upvote 0