• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Possible Memory Leak - Going from 60fps to 30 in second with no return

SilentReaper

Oct 29, 2013
I am playing the game and when I get to the later waves it starts to reduce my fps more and more until the game is a slideshow. Weird thing is that If I join on the last few waves I can complete it so it doesn't seem to be tied to the zeds. It seems like a start up issue. I think It is even happening in the menu as I once turned it on, left it for about 30 mins and when I came back the fps was 6.

Tried verfiying cache, fresh drivers install, deleting Kf2 local content and redownloading, minimum settings, maximum settings but nothing is changing it.

It's been happening a bit after the new big update came out so it hasn't always been an issue.

A video showing me going from 60fps to 30 in 3 seconds. After this it won't go back up and will continue to decrease.

I have an AMD DX(tm)-8320 Eight-core CPU and R9 200 GPU on crimson 15.11.1 if this helps.

Are you sure you have Crimson 15.11.1 and not 15.11?

I'm asking, because Crimson 15.11 has a bug where the fan speed will clip at max 25%. As a result the GPU heats up and either clocks itself down (to protect itself) or it start to smoke. AMD did release an update 15.11.1, but that update did not go to all Crimson users. Even if you use AMD's update recommendation tool, then it will install 15.11 and not 15.11.1.

You can check the Crimson version by opening the Crimson Settings app and select system. Then at the left-top it should show 15.11.1.

Upvote 0