• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FinnWars - IndieGogo

Let's bring this thread up, while I as a part of a player community of the original FinnWars-mod explain more about the game, especially things that aren't mentioned in that IndieGogo "Story"-page. As Kain1 wrote, it's basically an FPS game about the battles between Finland and USSR in WW2. Finland and USSR fought against each other in 2 seperate wars during WW2, the more known "Winter War" in 1939-1940, and the less known "Continuation War" in 1941-1944. While the Winter War happened only during wintertime and Finns fought mainly defensive warfare, the Continuation War was quite different, having the Finnish offensive period of 1941, the trench war of 1942-1944 and the Soviet summer offensive of 1944.

So that's the premise in the nutshell. What I've managed to gather about the gameplay, is that there will be asymmetric and "realistic" infantry and tank combat, but somewhat different than in the Red Orchestra. My own assumption is that it will be a bit like the Forgotten Hope 2 and the original FinnWars modification for Bf1942, which was one of the most realistic mods for that game alongside with the original Forgotten Hope.

I think this is the first time Fenno-Soviet WW2 battles have a standalone FPS release. And if the funding and time are on the developers side, we will have aircrafts, anti-aircraft and even the Germany as one of the playable nations. It's also interesting how many 10-15 year old modding groups are "returning to their roots" with a standalone game inspired by their first mod (e.g. FinnWars, Squad, Traction Wars).

Developers also stated, that if the funding doesn't reach it's original goal, but it reaches around 50%, then the funders get their money back as they normally would, but game is made to the Early Access state by developers' own funding.

Upvote 0
Happy holidays! (Campaign update 23.12.2015)

This holiday we decided to celebrate and give a gift for everyone who bought Early Bird edition or higher. If the campaign is succesful, every backer will now receive:

A second digital copy of FinnWars!

Give the other game as a gift for someone, or contribute as a team and get a double pack of games with the price of one.

[url]https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/finnwars#/story[/URL]

Upvote 0