• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics 2 Low tier weapons Vs 1 High tier weapon?

hardcore_gamer

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
What is the benefit between having 2 low or mid tier weapons to switch between during battle compared to just using 1 single powerful high tier weapon? In the first Killing floor this is something I did all the time, and since you can now gain xp for many classes at once by using their perk weapon instead of leveling up only your selected class it sounds like there is a even greater incentive to do it this time.

What are the pros and cons of using a pair of low or mid tier guns instead of just one really powerful high tier weapon? And are there any combos you suggest? So far I have noticed the fallowing at least:

1. Riffles and machine guns are good at taking down trash zeds.
2. Shotguns are best against mid tier zeds.
3. Heavy weapons are best against scrakes and fleshpounds.

Last edited:
The main one that comes to mind is ammo for support: t3 < t2+t1
This choice, m4 vs boomstick+pump, comes up midgame, and also comes up lategame if you have strength, when deciding extra weapon/s alongside the aa12 and medpistol
The M4 has 48 shells and enables you to be wasteful of them; restraint required. For cheaper and effectively the same weight, you can grab the pump and boomstick instead, and you'll have a whopping 96 shells to work with, letting you constantly contribute for the whole wave.

If you don't have strength, your main lategame options alongside an AA12 is either a pump, or boomstick+medpistol. Dosh permitting, I definitely recommend the latter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Generally, not all higher tier weapons are necessarily better. A lot of lower 'tier' weapons offer a deeper ammo pool, lighter weights, or better mechanics (or varied mechanics).

That 'deeper ammo pool' winds up meaning a lot in the long run, since a lot of brass is spent on the hordes.

Upvote 0