• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Fleshpounds won't stop raging (Sept. 14 Update)

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Category: Code

Reproducibility: always

Summary: Once enraged, fleshpounds will not stop raging until dead.

Description:

A while ago, a changelog stated that "Fleshpounds won't stop raging until they hit something (just like in KF1)", which was true until today, in which now they won't stop raging at all. Usually when I'm backpedaling from a fleshpound and it inevitably hits me, he calms down, but recently I've noticed after 15 hits he's still raging, even if I wasn't shooting at him.

Weird, I had the issue too, but only when it was the last 5 zeds. Still, I think even for the last 5 zeds it is a bug. FPs and Scrakes are probably supposed to have an exception or something. I mean come on, when the FP spawns very lately, with only a few Zeds left, it will instantly rage and will never get out of it even if it hits a player. That's plain stupid IMO

Also, FPs don't specifically spawn early on wave 7 and 8, their spawn are randomly distributed, they can very well spawn as the very last Zed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Neither FP or Scrake should succumb to the 5 last zeds rage. That just completely breaks the way they work and literally transform them into HP sacks that you should just spam to death. Are we trying to balance the game for random noob pubs or teams that actually try to understand the way enemy, perks and teamplay all work together?

Because making them rage all the time will force a balance that will be helpful to pubs only. However I agree breaking line of sight with the FP (at least for a minimum time, like 3s) should stop its rage. And they should add back its little pause every 15s he rages without hitting anyone and without breaking line of sight with a player. But mostly they should reduce its HPs. In KF1, you could have a Sharp shoot him with the crossbow or PSG-1 from afar, which remove a good chunk of health even in 6 players HoE, then have a demo focus him while the rest of the team tried to do as much damage as they could with their perk. Now, it's just "SHOOT THE DAMN THING", there's not even a point at trying to aim, especially when it rages with its arms forward blocking the bullets, and when Berserker are clearly the best way to dispose of it.

Upvote 0