• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[ASK] Why RPG-7?

bloodysocom

Sep 23, 2013
Hi all,

I kinda confused why there is RPG-7. Because when I see its stats, M79 and RPG-7 has same stats. IMHO, M79 is more appealing because it has more ammo, and because of arc trajectory, even if you miss your target, it will landed somewhere near target.

Or maybe this is when the path differ? Simply because some people prefer straight arc.

Any information about blast range? Is RPG-7 has more blast range than M79?

Thank you very much :)

Well, here are the actual information.

Grenade Launcher is in normal and RPG-7 is in bold and italic :

Damage Explosion : 225 / 750,
Damage Impact : 150/ 150,
Radius : 800 / 1000

And with the RPG you can also hit ZED behind you when you shot (with the backblast).

So, the only same damage is the damage impact, but for the others (radius/explosion) the RPG is better. As expected from a T4.

Upvote 0
Yep, if you can line up a scrake headshot with it it'll to a ton of damage to it, and if it has 100% health when you do it it'll knock him flat on the floor, usually enough to line up another if you've used it at a good range. It's also amazing at clearing a lot of trash if they are all over where you want to go.

I've used it a couple times solo alongside the AA-12 with support's strength skill, quite dangerous but heavy use of the 9mm and knife.

Upvote 0
Yeah, they should really change the trader stats to better reflect the hidden data.. I was surprised at the 4x direct damage to scrakes, thing. That's not bad at all!

Headshots are risky to go for, though. It's not the easiest weapon to aim precisely, and nothing is more saddening than watching a rocket explode a mile past the Scrake's shoulder and kill nothing. :(

Upvote 0
They hinted at it in the patch notes for Incinerate & Detonate - something like "reworked RPG damage vs scrakes, especially hits to the head," I don't remember the exact line. (The lesser) Part of me hopes they keep those stats hidden. Demos have no business going after scrakes, which have a hefty explosive resistance stat. It still makes me cringe when people throw all their grenades at an approaching scrake and expect it to be hurt. Sorry, you've just wasted all your nades for practically no damage.

Upvote 0
Demos have no business going after scrakes, which have a hefty explosive resistance stat. It still makes me cringe when people throw all their grenades at an approaching scrake and expect it to be hurt. Sorry, you've just wasted all your nades for practically no damage.

Happens every other pub I play </3

Upvote 0
Silly question: i fired an RPG to a Scrake directly at his face and he fell into the ground, like the zerker does. Is that even possible to do that or it's just a coincidence/glitch?

Yep, if you can line up a scrake headshot with it it'll to a ton of damage to it, and if it has 100% health when you do it it'll knock him flat on the floor, usually enough to line up another if you've used it at a good range.

5char

Upvote 0