• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Help!] KF2 SDK, How to restore old textures?

"You should know not to overwrite original files." from I though was that I could just reinstall later, I wasn't aware of the skin system till I found it. Also on top of that I didn't expect the SDK to save my modded files even after I reinstalled the game and the SDK. Guess I learned my lesson now, for now on make backups.

Deleting and then verifying the files that were modded doesn't fix it, the file is still saved even after i delete it some how. Is there like a package I need to delete other than the file I edited, because it still comes back.

Upvote 0
Did you reinstall the sdk or the game? The sdk gets all its textures and meshes from the game files; what you download is just the tools to change them I believe. If you know what file you're missing I'm sure someone here could just upload it somewhere so you can get your replacement without reinstalling.

Upvote 0
Did you reinstall the sdk or the game? The sdk gets all its textures and meshes from the game files; what you download is just the tools to change them I believe. If you know what file you're missing I'm sure someone here could just upload it somewhere so you can get your replacement without reinstalling.

I tried to reinstall both, I really need the 9mm pistol files.

Upvote 0
Foolproof method: Save what you want saved and move them to another spot. Then manually delete all the game files via windows explorer, both in the steamapps>common>Killingfloor2 folder and your documents>mygames>killingfloor2 folder. Then verify game files and it should redownload everything, including the unmodified 9mm pistol files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I've figured out a way to restore the old textures without having to reinstall or verify everything:

Go to your C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\
and delete a folder called "Unpublished"

I think as long as it senses a texture file named correctly in this folder it'll use it, if there is no texture file it should use the default.

Upvote 0