• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'm not sure how Fire Bug damage works

Deathgrip22

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2015

Do fire weapons fire effects stack with each application, or does it reset the time the Zed has left to burn?

I'm also assuming that each weapons work like X + Y, where X is initial damage, and Y is damage over time, but the Trader menu doesn't exactly give detailed information.

Also microwave gun seems a little OP

Do fire weapons fire effects stack with each application, or does it reset the time the Zed has left to burn?

I'm also assuming that each weapons work like X + Y, where X is initial damage, and Y is damage over time, but the Trader menu doesn't exactly give detailed information.

Also microwave gun seems a little OP

The right answer is: Play HoE.

MWG has not enough ammo for the scrakes alone and after burn damage (what little amount there is) becomes completely irrelelvant due to the pace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DOT doesn't stack. Each time you apply damage it resets back to its timer. As long as you keep doing damage and for 5 seconds after that the extra damage per second (DOT) will be dealt. Amount of damage depend on amount of weapon damage multiplied by x1.5 (Caulk'n Burn), x1 (Trenchgun) or x0.6 making it 15 points for every weapon. DOT applied in 1 second intervals.

Upvote 0