• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horzine cloning tech is spooooky

Yea, saw that in the art book for the game. The way i think it's explained is that it's pretty much the birthing process for a normal human but with all the middle bits cut out resulting in a much faster growth rate which only has the 2 processes of consume minerals and producing clones.

I like how amazingly creepy it is, your turning things to red mist to make clones, testing with those clones and after they are dead or you are finished with them it throws the bits into a big blender to turn back into more clones.

The entirety of Bio Lab is like a twisted version of the circle of life.

Upvote 0
I like how amazingly creepy it is, your turning things to red mist to make clones, testing with those clones and after they are dead or you are finished with them it throws the bits into a big blender to turn back into more clones.

Naturally, they aren't just recycling fallen specimens, though.

Notice that you don't see any dead bodies laying around the streets of Paris, or any other locale so far?

Not even skeletalized remains. Surely everyone didn't evacuate safely.

;)

Upvote 0
Naturally, they aren't just recycling fallen specimens, though.

Notice that you don't see any dead bodies laying around the streets of Paris, or any other locale so far?

Not even skeletalized remains. Surely everyone didn't evacuate safely.

;)

Hmmm, that is true. Maybe the scrake still does hold some of it's old intended use lore wise as a bio-recycling unit.

Not to mention fallen survivors that Hans dragged back, would make sense as to why some areas are fairly clean apart from one or two bodies.

Upvote 0
Yep. Scary thought, isn't it? The more cities the Zed forces conquer, the larger their army grows.

Now compare how many zeds we actually take down in the course of one game to the population of one of these cities, or even of a large research facility or army outpost.

Even when you factor in the people who DID escape, or the people the zeds simply eat for sustenance, or that however much remains of each 1 victim won't be enough to make 1 whole zed... Their army must still be growing rapidly.

We may be fighting a losing battle here, guys. :(

Upvote 0
Yep. Scary thought, isn't it? The more cities the Zed forces conquer, the larger their army grows.

Now compare how many zeds we actually take down in the course of one game to the population of one of these cities, or even of a large research facility or army outpost.

Even when you factor in the people who DID escape, or the people the zeds simply eat for sustenance, or that however much remains of each 1 victim won't be enough to make 1 whole zed... Their army must still be growing rapidly.

We may be fighting a losing battle here, guys. :(

Well, unless you kill hans, patty, the other boss or blow up a cloning site.

Same with the Jem'hadar in DS9 tactics wise in my eyes. Mostly unstoppable clone army of soldiers and officers but once you cut off the source of the clones they quickly crumble when they run out of resources.

Upvote 0
Well, unless you kill hans, patty, the other boss or blow up a cloning site.

Same with the Jem'hadar in DS9 tactics wise in my eyes. Mostly unstoppable clone army of soldiers and officers but once you cut off the source of the clones they quickly crumble when they run out of resources.

Blowing up the entire Biotics Lab would help (and I can't wait until we get an objective-map to do just that. :D ) as for killing the leader and his lieutenants...

After the finale campaign of KF1, we know the Patriarch can clone himself. Would we have to kill every single copy of him and his officers, or is there some true/master/original one hiding somewhere?

Maybe that will be some kind of ultimate end-game objective map, as well. Take down the REAL Patriarch. For good. (followed by the cliffhanger ending that one clone we overlook or one of his subordinates are still alive and slip away, into hiding... to rebuild)

Too cliche? :eek:

Upvote 0