• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat reset? Sure. Achievement reset?!

seems fine, but wait. Why the hell would you reset achievements? are you literally evil?

Maybe they have to because of the way the player database is set up, not sure on that, it is purely speculation on my part. Currently I do not see the achievement wipe as that major of a deal yet since the only ones that we currently have are just finishing a map at a certain difficulty level. I believe there are only 12 in place currently. Now, if we had an achievement list that was more substantial, I see it causing bigger issues with the player base.

Upvote 0
A quote we're all familiar with: "And a warning: it is almost certain that we will wipe all statistics, including Perk leveling and Achievements one or more times during Early Access!” "

seems fine, but wait. Why the hell would you reset achievements? are you literally evil?

That's your bar on literal evil?

Anyways, what Sanguivore said. There are no achievements currently in game that are worth caring about if they do get wiped. And any achievements are circumspect anyways until balance for release is finalized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't see it as an issue, Tripwire didn't exactly hide they where going to wipe things. There is still room for weapon /perk/zed balance. Should you be able to keep your Arc Action achievement (Beat Paris On Hell On Earth Difficulty) when they boosted mob spawns and overall difficulty of zeds, adding new attacks ect, on the final release of the game?

Upvote 0
That's your bar on literal evil?

Anyways, what Sanguivore said. There are no achievements currently in game that are worth caring about if they do get wiped. And any achievements are circumspect anyways until balance for release is finalized.

Hell on Earth achievements are pretty difficult and take effort, and reseting them unless I'm missing something seems very very odd.

Upvote 0
Don't see it as an issue, Tripwire didn't exactly hide they where going to wipe things. There is still room for weapon /perk/zed balance. Should you be able to keep your Arc Action achievement (Beat Paris On Hell On Earth Difficulty) when they boosted mob spawns and overall difficulty of zeds, adding new attacks ect, on the final release of the game?

Teleporting will be patched out for sure (its the only thing everybody agree that has to go). Which will make at least solo easier. While I got my HOE achievement on solo with the current BS spawning, I would say I deserve the achievement. Wiping it will upset me but I guess there's nothing I can do.

However I sure hope they only wipe the level. Getting to level 15 is pretty easy and I dont really think level 25 and level 15 really have such a big difference.

Also, the fact that beating HOE dont give you the achievement on hard and normal also make it wiping the achievements waste a lot of my time playing on a difficulty I dont enjoy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, the fact that beating HOE dont give you the achievement on hard and normal also make it wiping the achievements waste a lot of my time playing on a difficulty I dont enjoy.

Wait... It doesn't? I have not beat HOE yet, I started at normal and am working my way up through the difficulties.

If it doesn't, then that seems wrong to me. Beating HOE should also unlock any lower difficulty achievement, or rather, it seems like it should anyways.

Hmmmm... I hope TW fixes that. Hopefully it is only like that because of being in EA and that it will be corrected for retail release.

Upvote 0
Wait... It doesn't? I have not beat HOE yet, I started at normal and am working my way up through the difficulties.

If it doesn't, then that seems wrong to me. Beating HOE should also unlock any lower difficulty achievement, or rather, it seems like it should anyways.

Hmmmm... I hope TW fixes that. Hopefully it is only like that because of being in EA and that it will be corrected for retail release.

They dont in the first game too, I was complaining since then. Its a total waste of time.

Upvote 0
I have no idea why there is even resets, how are we suppose to test the high level content with resets.

The simple, logical answer, is that you aren't. You're supposed to be testing the curve; seeing how there's only, what, 4 of the 10 available perks in the game? How is any test of high level content supposed to be useful in any way when all of the current strategies are built around a hilariously barren perk selection?

I mean lets assume Tripwire doesn't wipe progression, and then release the Demo. High level players are either going to have to wait while they level demo to test anyway, or if they use cheezy fast leveling maps because they're impatient gits, then the crap Tripwire needs-- how the perk behaves during leveling (as that's the entire reason behind the change to the leveling system in the first place)-- they don't get from the section of playerbase that actually has the vocabulary and understanding to elucidate on the game feel during that process.

I mean to make it perfectly clear, in the off chance you haven't picked up on my point in the last too paragraphs: the devs actually lose out on useful feedback if they don't wipe progression, so there's no good reason not to wipe progression regularly.

Upvote 0
Maybe they have to because of the way the player database is set up, not sure on that, it is purely speculation on my part. Currently I do not see the achievement wipe as that major of a deal yet since the only ones that we currently have are just finishing a map at a certain difficulty level. I believe there are only 12 in place currently. Now, if we had an achievement list that was more substantial, I see it causing bigger issues with the player base.

da hell??? i wanna see you losing 3 HoE achievements

Upvote 0
Plenty of people are 25 already, and there hasn't been a reset yet. I don't imagine they'll really be one unless: they radically alter experience gain or they find an exploit a vast majority of players have used to level.

Testmap fives xp, what else do you need? People will always find ways if they want to.

Like after the wipe if I can access any kind of way (except ways that will get be ban) to level, I will get back to at least level 15 and play suicidal instead f playing normal and hard which are too easy for a player who played KF1 for several years.

I wouldnt mind leveling from 0 for new perks, but I think I well passed the "learning the perk" process on the old perks. And I sure as hell dont see the point to wipe achievements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The simple, logical answer, is that you aren't. You're supposed to be testing the curve; seeing how there's only, what, 4 of the 10 available perks in the game? How is any test of high level content supposed to be useful in any way when all of the current strategies are built around a hilariously barren perk selection?

I mean lets assume Tripwire doesn't wipe progression, and then release the Demo. High level players are either going to have to wait while they level demo to test anyway, or if they use cheezy fast leveling maps because they're impatient gits, then the crap Tripwire needs-- how the perk behaves during leveling (as that's the entire reason behind the change to the leveling system in the first place)-- they don't get from the section of playerbase that actually has the vocabulary and understanding to elucidate on the game feel during that process.

I mean to make it perfectly clear, in the off chance you haven't picked up on my point in the last too paragraphs: the devs actually lose out on useful feedback if they don't wipe progression, so there's no good reason not to wipe progression regularly.

There is no curve, anything under hoe is a joke and not worth playing. You can literally camp in a corner with how broken the medic is and survive every wave

Upvote 0
Your statement encourages the wiping of achievements since OP perks may exist during early access and achievements made using this perks before they are balanced would be unfair to players playing later if they weren't wiped.

In early KF1 flesh pounds can be decap by any physical damage weapons with 1 hit. I didnt see they wipe the achievements back then.

Upvote 0