• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improve Zerk Perks: Low HP triggers/Remains on briefly

Trizzo

Oct 14, 2014
As it stands most of the beserker perks are very bad. They required low HP to function.

Frenzy: Melee damaged increased for 15% health lost

Furious Defender: Stumble increases for 15% health lost

Take Cover: When health drops bellow 20% movement increases by 15%

You never really want to drop to this hp to get the effect and even if try for frenzy medics will heal you accidentally (or intentionally)

The fix: A simple suggestion to make them more useful would be once your HP drops to the requirement the effect still last indefinitely (as it does now) but once your HP raises above the required value the effect continues to last for a short duration, then it dissipates.

This fits the flavor of an enraged berserker gaining a buff from taking damage but most importantly makes these otherwise situational and almost useless perks are way more consistent and playable. It would of course not stack if it went up, down, up, down etc...

For example frenzy: As it stands you get hit by a Husk/trash and drop to 55 hp, 45% of HP, 3 frenzy triggers (i think). You are instantly healed and you get almost no use of the perk. Instead the fix see you getting hit, healed and then the "frenzy lasts" for X (x=small balanced) amount of time because you are enraged.

Last edited:
It's berserker though?! What's wrong with getting hit? Exploitable or something else?

They cant avoid damage, but I dont like the idea of making them have a reason to intentionally take damage.

Oh... I am at full health, I want the buff, let me not kill this gorefast and let him slab my face a few times. <---- this should not be encouraged IMO.

EDIT: also, the thing is you dont want to lose armor, but if you dont lose armor, you cant effectivly lose your health. So the only way to get he buff is run at a siren's face (or jump off an edge...) you not killing that siren is bad for the whole team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0