• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People need to practice more teamwork

Chimpster

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
USA
I've been in way too many games where people don't bother to stick together. The worst part is when you have a medic who refuses to stick near the group. Last night I literally had to run around basically chasing a level 15 medic to make sure they'd actually be in healing range. Matches would start and everybody would sprint off in different directions. Spoiler alert: we died.

I could understand if the game I was in was full of people under level 5, this being a new game with new people, but when you have people ranging from 10-15 they should know to stick together. I was playing Hard, I hope Suicidal and HoE players are doing better.

This isn't the case every time, but it's happened way more than I'd like.

It's hit and miss. At the start of a round I will go a different direction but i'll still stay around the point where I last saw the group. Close enough that I could get back to it in a decent time if I need to but far enough that zeds are spawning to try and kill me and not the team.

Granted I usually play on hard, I do understand on suicidal+ this would be a terrible idea and a good way to get yourself killed.

Upvote 0
The point of the early game is to roam and collect as many items/ammo as possible. Do this for atleast the first 3 waves (medium) or 4 waves (long). You can do this much easier if you roam solo. Only start running as a group when the first scrake spawns. This applies for all but HoE difficulty, in HoE run the first waves with 2 or 3 player teams. If you cant solo roam a wave 3 suicidal for example, you should go back to hard an practise some more.

Upvote 0
I too have had problems with ppl going their own way instead of sticking together and ends in death. Another problem for me is when I get in a game and we're around wave 9-10, these guys will be kill whores and run off killing easy mobs and ignore the 2 FP and a bunch of scrakes while me or 1 other guy are stuck shooting at em, and we fail before getting half way done with wave 10.

Upvote 0
What actually encourages this is that since hard is generally more... Casual than the other difficulties, players will just want EXP all to themselves. The easiest way to do this as a trash cleaner (or medic now since they get a pathetic amount of exp for healing and get way more for zed kills) is to run off by yourself and kill Zeds solo and get lots of easy exp until a flesh pound shows up and destroys you.

Upvote 0
Unless you're playing on HoE there is no reason to stick together for waves 1-3 (short) 1-4 (long) .. The zeds at these stages are used as farms for money. Better to just run around the map solo hunting for armor, weapons, and ammo.

When scrakes finally show up, then it's time to stick together.

I agree, the beginning waves aren't a big deal. Unfortunately I have witnessed it happening in every wave. Some games are worse than others.

Upvote 0
I agree, the beginning waves aren't a big deal. Unfortunately I have witnessed it happening in every wave. Some games are worse than others.

I can second this.

The first 2-3 rounds this can be okay. But once the Scrakes start rolling out. This is a terrible idea on Hard difficulty. I can't imagine how Suicidal and Hell on Earth would be if people didn't stick together.

Upvote 0
There is so much that can go wrong in pubs. If everyone sprints off in different directions at the start, that in itself doesn't mean anything. If by wave 5-6 you suggest a place to hold, and no one responds or does anything but fap around you can assume they either a) don't know the map or b) don't care.

Or both. In any case there needs to be at least an attempt at communication. I'd say the main challenge in pub games is actually getting people to work together, a lot of people really dislike others making suggestions or even attempting to take charge. :D

Upvote 0
When I join a game and everybody instantly starts running around straight in different directions without any attempt at communication I know we're all doomed. Though I still like to stick around to see how long we can struggle
Killing floor 2 is getting very mainstream which means you will be getting a lot of casual players who will act like this.
if you think thats bad, lets see how it ends up on PS4-

Upvote 0
the worse case scenario is when a lower ranked player joins hard, suicidal and HoE. I have had times when 5 of us will stick together and the new guy will run off find a scrake agro it then run back to us and screw us all over. I think a warning sign or something should be given to new players that if they want to play higher modes they better have a decent understanding of what they are doing and a decent perk level.

Upvote 0
Yeah, can we talk about the people who see Hans Volter making a beeline towards another player, and instead of taking that moment to attack, they use the opportunity to run away and leave their teammates to die?

Usually medics. And then we wind up with this "lone medic kiting Hans for half an hour" scenario more than half the time. Bastards.

Upvote 0
I've found the complete opposite. Only had 1 game when somebody ran off, and they died and left.

I've found (in most coop games not just KF) that if you say hello through the mic or chat at the start of the game, people tend to play very well with you.

I also tend to say right at the start, "stick together guys, coz as medic I'll be sticking with the largest group". I've found KF2 to have a fantastic online player base so far.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Upvote 0