• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server is there a guide to setting up multiple servers?

osmodeus

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2012
i keep searching but is there some guide as to how you make more than one server on a local machine? i try launching a second batch with it's own config and seperate ports but it wont get a steam server UID

i'd like to run 4 servers, 3 public and 1 passworded.

any help would be appreciated

Personally I have managed to make two servers run from just one set of ini files. I put the port, query port and webadmin port as launch parameters and it seems to work fine. One downside seems to be that both servers get the same name (is defined in the ini) as I am not certain you can define the name as a launch parameter.

Of course "have managed to" and this being a good idea is not necessarily the same thing. Perhaps what I am doing is bad form :)

Upvote 0
well i'm back down to 0 servers, my setup wont get a steam UID for any of them now. that link did help me understand how to launch all the servers at once so thanks but i had sadly done all the rest of the changes.

i belive i may be fighting a motherboard on it's last legs. the usb ports keep shutting down and today i tried to install a lan driver and was informed i don't have a lan port? the motherboard was purchased when skyrim came out so maybe it's done.

Upvote 0