• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I run a private LAN game?

Veerdin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 21, 2015
Hi! Currently in the process of setting up a dedicated server, but while looking through the game itself, I'm unsure on a few things.

I want to run a 2-person, private LAN game, in KF1 I had the option of just using a Listen server and that ran fine. But in KF2 it all seems to be lobby based. I don't want random yahoo's joining the private game and the perimeters I put in don't seem to stick (I selected "normal" difficulty and it dumped us into a Hell on Earth lobby, we lasted approximately one minute total)

So, is there/will there be a simple listen server option? Like in Killing Floor 1? So that I don't need to go through all the hassle of this dedicated server with passwords and port forwarding and all that nonsense. I admired KF1's simplicity when it came to LAN games, but KF2 doesn't seem to accommodate to that. At least not yet.

Unless I'm missing something obvious?

Help!

Unless I'm just mising