• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why even give out more keys on the final beta day?

yakuza281

May 18, 2009
I just got a Beta key and I then find out that it's barely, if not at all, going get done downloading by the time the Beta is over. I'm just wondering why these keys that were suddenly available weren't just given out earlier.

I guess I get a useless wallpaper that I could have gotten after 2 seconds of searching?

Open KF 2
Open Console
type one of the following:
Map KF-BurningParis
Map KF-Bioticlabs
Map KF-Outpost

Congrats, the beta is still useful
edit: im getting a very large amount of butthurt from OP.

So you're expecting the Beta to stay in the Steam library/authentication to launch? Or are you one of the people that pirated to play a Beta?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just got a Beta key and I then find out that it's barely, if not at all, going get done downloading by the time the Beta is over. I'm just wondering why these keys that were suddenly available weren't just given out earlier.

I guess I get a useless wallpaper that I could have gotten after 2 seconds of searching?

Because they give them out in waves, and I suppose they figure right at end they can give out all the invites. If stability falls through the floor, who cares, the beta is over anyways and they have a data point.

But do continue being butthurt about getting that thing you wanted, just not for as long as you would have wanted.

Upvote 0
Because they give them out in waves, and I suppose they figure right at end they can give out all the invites. If stability falls through the floor, who cares, the beta is over anyways and they have a data point.

But do continue being butthurt about getting that thing you wanted, just not for as long as you would have wanted.

Apparently pointing out a poorly thought out decision is not allowed here, my mistake, I forgot we're in the era where Developers do no wrong and we're all entitled.

I'll just be leaving since I can already see this forum is less constructive than even Steam Discussions.

Upvote 0
Apparently pointing out a poorly thought out decision is not allowed here, my mistake, I forgot we're in the era where Developers do no wrong and we're all entitled.

I'll just be leaving since I can already see this forum is less constructive than even Steam Discussions.

Dont assume everyone doesnt know what forums are for, just because 99% of forum users are mental....

that goes for every forum everywhere...

anyway....you still get to try it a bit...or in worst case, at least you will have it pre-loaded

Upvote 0
We put out more keys because we extended the stress test a day and needed some more bodies to test fixes we put in for server memory leaks.

One more post since this was brought to attention.

That's a pretty fair reason but in some people's circumstances that would be impossible to do since the keys were gotten so late they kind of went to waste if that was the goal of those keys. Since even if they weren't to do extensive gameplay testing but to just be putting load on servers they would still need to download the game.

Upvote 0

Just because a user thinks its poorly thought out, doesn't make it that way. Or do you have some special insight into their business that tells you without a doubt that they made a mistake? They even told you exactly what their purpose was, but if their word isn't good enough for you, I don't know what is.

Then again, most users think the beta was expressly to satisfy their desire to play the game, despite being told time and again it's not.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind a one-day access beta... you were just some of the few who got ****ed. That's life man, tripwire doesn't know who has good net and who doesn't.

My school net JUST GOT FIXED, like 3 weeks before finals. I couldn't download single damn thing unless it was midnight, not even a ****ing Facebook page. So sorry for your net.

Last edited:
Upvote 0