• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamebreaking issue with Gore settings

kliziflip15

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
So we have 3 gore options: no, low or full

however whenever u play without full gore (both low and no gore seem prettya much the same)...you can not decapitate enemies...and you get no indication of doing so...you need to shoot enemies heads until they die (and it does make the popping sound as if you are hitting headshots)

thing is...you need an indicator of headless enemies...yet not only does no gore not have this...the low gore is the same (I think low gore just has blood on the map)...

I am using these 2 settings cuz they save resources (AKA RAM) and make game more playable but honestly...okay low ogre having blood is fine...but both low gore and no gore NEED decapitation....

That's why you're not witnessing the decapitations. In the censored versions in Australia of KF1 it was the same from what I've read. So basically they are including this setting as a regular option. In territories that won't allow the gore they'll have to remove the other gore settings.

I can use any gore setting..it is just that the gore setting affects performance A LOT...

and actually I ve played a bit and it seems that decapited enemies on low and no gore seem to have a softer head, possibly even move in more wobbly way...but honestly it is only noticable on bloats...and even that after you have wasted too many bullets...

as someone stated already...head should go off regardless of what...heck you can even change it to a pink balloon on lower gore settings but FFS...it needs to be visible and currently it is not

Upvote 0
Yeah, it doesn't even do this in KF2?

No it doesnt...and thats on both NO gore AND on LOW gore setting

FULL gore explodes the head....so yeah at the very least having low and no gore having head snap back or something should do...

conversely this could be a separate option since currently...if I put FULL gore I get massive lagg (cuz of all the other gore stuff), while on low and no gore I am wasting bullets on headless enemies

Upvote 0
I would think Low gore should still have the decapitations. I was thinking of No gore when you said Low. The censored versions would be equivalent to No gore. So maybe a bug? Don't know.

even no gore should remove the head...doesnt need to blow it off, but ANYTHING....but yes low gore and no gore sem to be exactly the same except that low gore actually has blood, both of them have no decapitations (which is why I use low gore since it makes my game run almost smoothly...so performance reasons)...but removing the head, even without blood and any effects...just dissappearingo r whatever is neccessarry for gameplay reasons...everything else is irrelevant but this is a handicap for low gore users...huge one at that

Upvote 0
I would think Low gore should still have the decapitations. I was thinking of No gore when you said Low. The censored versions would be equivalent to No gore. So maybe a bug? Don't know.

This does sound like a bug. I'll look into it.

even no gore should remove the head...doesnt need to blow it off, but ANYTHING....

Good suggestion. Not sure if we have time to come up with something before EA, but I'll see what the others think.

Upvote 0
Good suggestion. Not sure if we have time to come up with something before EA, but I'll see what the others think.

How about a similar effect to the Half-Life 2 pulse rifle secondary fire.
I'd describe it as 'data glitch dissolve effect'.
Would also fit the new trader design.

Here's a video of the effect:
https://youtu.be/Yt1hgXTKx8A?t=10s

Upvote 0