• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Baaad movie.

It had potential though. The first 2/3 of the movie were actually quite good. I thought it might make Brad Pitt into an anti hero, especially when he made one of the characters do something pretty damn bad. But then somewhere in the middle they decided to avoid the whole complex/mature movie thing and tacked on an ending made so lazily and written so horribly that I'm still trying to comprehend it's terribleness.

Upvote 0
Baaad movie.

It had potential though. The first 2/3 of the movie were actually quite good. I thought it might make Brad Pitt into an anti hero, especially when he made one of the characters do something pretty damn bad. But then somewhere in the middle they decided to avoid the whole complex/mature movie thing and tacked on an ending made so lazily and written so horribly that I'm still trying to comprehend it's terribleness.

Could have been a worse ending.

Spoiler!

It was pretty cool seeing the world's last working Tiger I on screen. I could empathize with the gunners seeing those rounds bounce off the glacis from the days playing Ostfront and Darkest Hour.

Upvote 0
It was a strange film, a lot of the time it looked low budget but had these great FX at times, the ending was just ridiculous like the writer just gave up. That 15-20 minute dinner scene seemed like it was trying to imitate Tarantino. The gore was a nice touch and made the film a bit more serious by how the characters reacted to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was a strange film, a lot of the time it looked low budget but had these great FX at times, the ending was just ridiculous like the writer just gave up. That 15-20 minute dinner scene seemed like it was trying to imitate Tarantino. The gore was a nice touch and made the film a bit more serious by how the characters reacted to it.

Tarantino? I will be the judge of that. Will probably be buying this movie next week when they reealease it on blu ray

Upvote 0
Update:
Just rented this, was not bad at all. No fairytale ending like you all claim. Wtf are you talking about. 1 guy survives and the americans save him. Very great performance by Brad Pitt and noble sacrifice at the end when they throw the nades in the tank.

As for the tarantino talk, didnt see any of that. Just a lot of dialougue but norhing tarantioesque.

Upvote 0
Update:
Just rented this, was not bad at all. No fairytale ending like you all claim. Wtf are you talking about. 1 guy survives and the americans save him. Very great performance by Brad Pitt and noble sacrifice at the end when they throw the nades in the tank.

As for the tarantino talk, didnt see any of that. Just a lot of dialougue but norhing tarantioesque.

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!! :mad:

Upvote 0