• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers Disappear than Randomly Appear on the list!

[40-1] Extremist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2013
SORRY SOMEHOW THE THREAD DUPPED!

Dear everyone,

I'm a part of 40-1 clan and an admin on Ro2 servers. I have played HOS since beta and have had numerous issues in the past with the game but they subsequently sorted themselves out. But now a new issue has arisen and I can't seem to get past it.

I have our 40-1 servers added to the Favourites page. And though this issue happened in the past, now it's literally all the time.

Basically I log into the game, go to my favourites page and sometimes servers will be listed sometimes not! But when they are not listed in my favourites, they are gone from ranked and non ranked list as well! All the other servers are there, just not 40-1 ones!

The problem goes deeper, if the server is there and i try to join, half the time it will freeze on the loading screen, or let me into the map but all i will see is a one camera perspective of the map without any ability to choose sides or move the camera. I will also hear canonade ambience but no soldiers running or anything.
I for a fact know that when i have this issues everyone else plays on it fine! So the server is not down!

I seem to be the only person to have this issue, no other 40-1 members have it, and there is no help online.

Simply restarting the game, steam, computer does not help! Server appear back at their own will without any consistency jn my actions!
I have tried deleting files in the config folder and than checking cache integrity through steam. That doesn't help. I have opened 4 recommended ports and set my Ipv4 into a DMZ but still nothing!

Please guys, help me out here! I can't play on my own servers! It's so frustrating! I've talked to my clan leader and he can't explain it. And we can't find anything wrong with the server since everyone are playing fine!

Please tell me what you think of this, such issue was present in the past but very rarely..

Waiting for your replies,

Best Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Are servers being filtered out? The next time this happens go to the bottom left side where it says filters and check to see filters are getting activated. I randmonly have this happen to me ever since rising storm was released. The game turns on action mode only filter and a bunch of others. This probably isn't your issue but worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me its a bug introduced by latest patch. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=99579
It affects also myself but thanks God my clan servers are not filtered out.
Just tested my browser. All filters reset so all servers should be visible. Browser is showing 236 servers and 41 servers filtered. Exactlly the same with one of my clan members. Why we cant see 41 online servers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, thanks you for your input!

Deleting Red Orchestra Folder Doesn't help, I still seem to have the same Issue.
Again Both Ranked and Unranked Servers disappear.

Any other ideas? Can I please hear what the Devs think about this. If you need my PC dump file or anything I can upload!

Both Steam and Ro2 don't show 40-1 servers in history! even though I ONLY play on them! other servers that I have tried maybe twice since RO2 came out are in my history in game and on Steam, but not 40-1 ones!

I can see one of my clan members playing on our servers right now but if I press "Game Info" button in Steam to join his game it tells me "Server not responding". It doesn't even show servers name or map! just the IP address!

Please help me fix this! It's driving me mad!

Best Regards,
Eric Kaufman

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem goes deeper, if the server is there and i try to join, half the time it will freeze on the loading screen, or let me into the map but all i will see is a one camera perspective of the map without any ability to choose sides or move the camera. I will also hear canonade ambience but no soldiers running or anything.
I for a fact know that when i have this issues everyone else plays on it fine! So the server is not down!

As far as this I too get exactly this when I join a server, although it only lasts for 3-7 seconds and then everything is normal. It was something I only had with IOM, but with the latest TWI patch it always happens.

As far as servers in the game browser, that depends. If everything is fine then all the servers will show up upon the first refresh. If I refresh the list frequently, then the list gets smaller and smaller until finally none show up for a minute or two. Don't know why unless the game doesn't want you to spam the refresh button.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I vaguely recall something about this somewhere, do not refresh while the entire list loads, something to do with overloading the list, as I recall. Perhaps someone who knows more can help you. Meanwhile, look through the router/browser tweaks/fixes. Anyone else have a router you could try? Tried rebooting router? Tried resetting router to factory settings (maybe check this out before you do it, so you will know what password to use etc). Somehow, I think it's your router, any chance it's getting old and you can get a new one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0