• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KFO FP Challenge FrightYard

GunsForBucks

Mar 16, 2014
Eastern USA
Fleshpound Challenge - FrightYard
Yes
It's FrightYard I just made it a KFO FP wave based game type
A quick conversion to KFO Fleshpound Challenge of one of my favorite maps. 10 wave, one FP added per wave and two FPs with the Pat - on normal solo, scaled for player count and difficulty. Seemed easily doable on Hard, I'm sure a really good sharp could handle HOE without issues... don't know how many FPs even spawn for HOE wave 10 yet but with the long run to the camp by the bloat tank I was getting twofers without trying.
Seems solid enough, I know from playing the map that sometimes the zeds get hung up on the ramp by the gas pumps... found a path node in the air and dropped it to the middle of the ramp. Haven't noticed any issues from that, deleted weldable roller gate and trigger, deleted music trigger and KFlevel rules horsey... I don't know if I should have left any of that intact or not... I converted the regular KF frightyard map, I was surprised when I went to play it the first time the door trigger was not in the door and I could not open them... even when putting the trigger in the doors they would not work... I figured removal was best at that point but I don't know if the map has something special going on that I messed up by deleting certain things. The money seems a bit much too, the wave bonus is only 400 but the kill bonus on the FPs is racking up the cash... great for demo I guess, but I wonder if it is too much and how I could change the kill bonus on the FPs? Or perhaps change the scale for that, so as you go up in difficulty the Kill bonus gets significantly reduced? Thought of trying a negative amount for the cash bonus, but that wouldn't be fair in a multiplayer environment.
40.5 megs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b1k56oog52bzct/KFO-FPChallenge_FrightYard_V00_WS.rom

Last edited: