• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KFO - FP Challenge - Sibyl Complex

GunsForBucks

Mar 16, 2014
Eastern USA
KFO FP Challenge Sibyl Complex
First Version
Yes
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258373575
KFO special game-type Fleshpound challenge. On normal solo you get one FP wave one and one added per wave for 10 waves. Two FPs spawn just before the Pat. Waves are scaled for player count and difficulty, I put a limit of 4 enemies spawned at one time.. this does not seem to be in effect for what the Pat spawns. My first map with game music, I play with music off so I had no idea none of my maps had music. I worked out a modular logic for building objectives so making this conversion took only a few hours... spent more time tracking down how to make the music work, then make up a track list I liked. Seem pretty solid logic wise, I shortened the Pat camera time in case of FP in your face when he spawns... still wanted a momentary switch off so player knew when he spawned. The only thing I don't know is how scaling for players will work out, round bonus of 400 base amount helps you get what you need... but by wave 10 of a 6 man HOE it might get pretty ugly or impossible... or with the 4 enemy max spawn limit it might be too easy.
12 megs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txis7r5boxi76k5/KFO-FP_Challenge_SibylComplex_BetaV00_WS.rom

Fix the pathing, the FP dont tend to go inside the brain jars areas and instead just round around the outside of them until a few go down. Either that or the FP go all the way around just to smack you.

Nice weird theme though

Edit: Also what is this intruder alert thing? Nothing happens but the sound of a out of ammo zed cannon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for checking it out. I was worried about putting path nodes in the brain pool areas didn't want the zeds to get hung up on the movers, easy enough to add more... Ill have to try it and see how it works out.
The intruder alert happens at the lower levels and is triggered by a switch near the corridor / room connections. It is supposed to be the mesh brains in the walls there giving alerts to the enemy. Nothing is really done other than the message... I had some trigger lights but they didn't operate the way I wanted them to and didn't look great either so I took them out. I added the brain meshes there so players unfamiliar with the map could spot the exits to rooms easier. Kind of like how hospital horrors has those bodies on the wall to help players remember kite paths, or that's how it felt to me anyway.
The Zed gun sounds you hear are actually the mover sounds for the brains in the brain pools, not related to the alerts. The gun reload sound was actually a number of sounds, there are two doors and a brain for each mover group, each one has a different part of the zed gun reload sound. The original sound was FP grinder noise that, by wave 7, had the players constantly freaking out there were FPs everywhere... So I changed it to Zed gun sounds in the KF map update... I kind of like the sound and it won't get confused for a zed.

Upvote 0