Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 12-02-2013, 05:47 AM

Perhaps I'm missing something but, why is it that both the German and Soviet AT-rifles are the exact same? I mean that in the sense that when I spawn both of them with the console, their 3d models look identical.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 AM
On Vacation

This one rifle. With different names and different characteristics.
"PzB" easily penetrates the frontal armor Pz.IV. PTRS - no.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:44 AM

The PZB is a captured PTRS, the only difference is the pzb gets tungsten rounds so it can actually hurt the t 34.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carist View Post
- Remove enemy weapons. In "Pz. IV" has no chance against "PzB".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carist View Post
Up!
+1

Add anti tank mine, it takes me +15 shots to kill a tank with AT rifle, if its facing forward then im aiming to tracks shooting zillion times critical on tracks nothing happens the tank is still functional and still shooting like hell.

On side it takes me maybe more than 8 critical shots to able to destroy the tank, i know in real life AT rifles were not so good and im not against this.

But add AT mine or give us panzerfaust when you you add new maps, it was in service since 42-45 if mkb 42 is in the game then why not Panzerfaust.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM

I think the panzerfaust didnt show up till 1943. With the mkb, it at least existed st the time, panzerfaust did not. Id rather have it be realistic.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpz38 Hetzer View Post
The PZB is a captured PTRS, the only difference is the pzb gets tungsten rounds so it can actually hurt the t 34.
uhhh no. PZB does NOT have tungsten ammo. They have SUPER TUNGSTEN (fake). The side armor of t34 is 45mm. It would only penetrate the rear. Lets not even start talking about how the PZB penetrates the front of panzer 4's.... I dont know why people are claiming the germans have tungsten when the creators of the round 14.5 (Soviet Union) did not make it and claimed they had the weaker BS-32 round which can do maximum 30mm penetration. Why would Germany start producing rounds for an obsolete anti tank rifle that they dont even make when they noticed their raw resources might get tight in the future. Its silly. Tungsten =/= penetrate front panzer 4 IRL people NOR sides of t 34. TO RECAP: Tungsten=penetrate rear ONLY of t 34 or side and rear of Panzer 4.

Last edited by chuy; 12-02-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 PM

To be fair TWI had to make it possible to kill tanks with that thing. And I think the gremans got the PZB for a bunch of reasons like not needing a new model, ability to kill a t 34 (in game not irl), and so both sides have a semi auto antitank rifle.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpz38 Hetzer View Post
To be fair TWI had to make it possible to kill tanks with that thing. And I think the gremans got the PZB for a bunch of reasons like not needing a new model, ability to kill a t 34 (in game not irl), and so both sides have a semi auto antitank rifle.
OR they could of put the PTRD instead of PTRS and put the Panther g instead of panzer 4 and give the germans the pzb 39. Here's why. The pzb 39 IS weaker than PTRD but it is enough to penetrate the REAR but not the sides, of the T 34 IRL. Put in the Panther G because PTRD cannot penetrate the sides of the Panther G IRL but the rear, yes. And yes, i did do some research on the penetrability of the rifles to tanks. I put the PTRD to keep both ATR single shot. There you go. I just gave you a REAL LIFE ACCURATE way to balance the anti tank roles. But what did TWI do, put magic penetration on German PZB so when a Soviet captures their own weapon (does that make sense?) and uses it on enemy tanks, it magically penetrates from the front of tanks that their own didnt. Maybe if they engraved "PZB 784(R)" into their PTRS's, it would magical do more damage. It's ridiculous.

Yes, i know it is going to be WAY more difficult but who cares? It is already the hardest class in RO history (far surpassing commander) so it wont hurt us if it is a bit harder

Last edited by chuy; 12-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy View Post
OR they could of put the PTRD instead of PTRS and put the Panther g instead of panzer 4 and give the germans the pzb 39. Here's why. The pzb 39 IS weaker than PTRD but it is enough to penetrate the REAR but not the sides, of the T 34 IRL. Put in the Panther G because PTRD cannot penetrate the sides of the Panther G IRL but the rear, yes. And yes, i did do some research on the penetrability of the rifles to tanks. I put the PTRD to keep both ATR single shot. There you go. I just gave you a REAL LIFE ACCURATE way to balance the anti tank roles. But what did TWI do, put magic penetration on German PZB so when a Soviet captures their own weapon (does that make sense?) and uses it on enemy tanks, it magically penetrates from the front of tanks that their own didnt. Maybe if they engraved "PZB 784(R)" into their PTRS's, it would magical do more damage. It's ridiculous.

Yes, i know it is going to be WAY more difficult but who cares? It is already the hardest class in RO history (far surpassing commander) so it wont hurt us if it is a bit harder
+1 to this.

Please do what he said I agree 100%

Give Germans Panther G
Give Russians PTRD
Give Germans PZB 39

There you go, everything is almost equal, you cant have better FIX to this Anti-tank class, because:

A - Soviets spanwn with PZB 784 and PWN the Panzer IV in some seconds.
B - Panzer IV is very weak compared to T34 and the magical PZB 784.

TWI listen to us, we know more than you cause ive spent almost 900 hours in this game.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulz87 View Post
TWI listen to us, we know more than you cause ive spent almost 900 hours in this game.
That's a bold statement, especially considering they've spent many times that making the game.

Also, how does what Chuy suggested fix the anti-tank class? You want a tank that wasn't in Stalingrad, or even close to it (June 1943 just for the D and the A, 1944 for the Ausf. G I think), which would penetrate the T-34 every time and be practically invulnerable to it, not to mention to anti-tank rifles. It might theoretically be able to penetrate from the rear, but how many times have you actually shot at an enemy tank from its 6 o'clock unless it decided to plow into your lines, even as a tank yourself?

Also, I think it's pretty clear that you don't just "put in" a new tank, seeing how we've yet to see our first set of new vehicles.

The rifles are fine, just remove the ability for the Russians to use the German model. It's not like it's that big of a threat to a tanker that isn't trying to run over the enemy. When APCs are in the game, anti-tank rifles will be the weapon of choice for stopping them from plowing into your lines and dropping their loads in your faces. When and if the appropriate theaters open up, anti-tank soldiers can start being equipped with panzerfausts and bazookas instead.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowndoe View Post
That's a bold statement, especially considering they've spent many times that making the game.

Also, how does what Chuy suggested fix the anti-tank class? You want a tank that wasn't in Stalingrad, or even close to it (June 1943 just for the D and the A, 1944 for the Ausf. G I think), which would penetrate the T-34 every time and be practically invulnerable to it, not to mention to anti-tank rifles. It might theoretically be able to penetrate from the rear, but how many times have you actually shot at an enemy tank from its 6 o'clock unless it decided to plow into your lines, even as a tank yourself?

Also, I think it's pretty clear that you don't just "put in" a new tank, seeing how we've yet to see our first set of new vehicles.

The rifles are fine, just remove the ability for the Russians to use the German model. It's not like it's that big of a threat to a tanker that isn't trying to run over the enemy. When APCs are in the game, anti-tank rifles will be the weapon of choice for stopping them from plowing into your lines and dropping their loads in your faces. When and if the appropriate theaters open up, anti-tank soldiers can start being equipped with panzerfausts and bazookas instead.
I apologize, but Panzer 4 doesnt have a chance to stay against PZB 784and T34.

For the rest if mkb42 in the game then Panzerfaust should be too, why are we doomed only to 1942.
I know its (Heroes of Stalingrad) But still Germans used those weapons in the east and it can move a bit forward to 1943.

Last edited by Skulz87; 12-02-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I apologize, but Panzer 4 doesnt have a chance to stay against PZB 784 and T34.
That's not a fundamental problem of the Panzer IV though. The Panzer IV G is more than a match for the T-34 historically, and it was totally dominant at release, so it's not like it can't be tweaked back the other way (saving loads of effort compared to creating a new tank). I already addressed the PzB problem, I said we should just remove it from the Russians' loadout.

Quote:
For the rest if mkb42 in the game then Panzerfaust should be too, why are we doomed only to 1942.
This is where it gets more subjective, but in my opinion, two wrongs don't make a right. Make a map set somewhere the panzerfaust should be, where it can be implemented without giving me an aneurism.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:07 PM

oops. haha i didnt even think about the most obvious criteria, the time of release that tank was out but went ahead and did all this other research :P Well, focusing it in stalingrad severely limits everything Everything will be off since if we add panther g, faust will already be in and throw everything out of wack. or how about just add PTRD/PZB 39-remove PTRS, and leave the tanks how they are now. Yeah, the soviets will have an advantage but meh, Germans have superior small arm weapons so why the heck not?

I know your saying that what a waste to just remove a weapon. Since i hear that PTRS were more common prior to 43, ( PTRD more common until end of the war) how about in a server of 4 Soviet AT, 3 PTRS and 1 PTRD? and vice-versa ratio post 43' battles.

And we know,Clowndoe, when we say "put in", TWI gets the message 2 years later.

Last edited by chuy; 12-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:01 PM

I find PZB-784 pretty much useless against T34 on long range maps especially when they are facing forward.

If the tank is camping far away like 150m-ish then nothing will happen unless it turns its side.

I always see Russians kicking the panzer in Pavlov's House with PZB-784 lol this must be fixed in some ways.
Would be cool if there was Anti-Tank mines, only AT-Soldiers carries 1 Anti-Tank mine and it cant be replenish after you plant.

On the other hand we should be able to pick up ammunition for Anti-Tank rifle without waiting minutes to be replenish.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Univermag's ghost View Post
Resupplied MG = +5
Destroyed enemy tank = +2
This.

As for the Pzb-784's power, the gameplay problem when it's matched up against the Panzer IV is more due to the fact that it has absurd penetration values in order to make it 'useful' against the T-34--a tank that was in reality effectively invulnerable against anti-tank rifles of all types. I say just make the PZB-784 identical to the PTRS-41 except in name. Identical power.

Otherwise, a Russian can always just steal a PZB from a dead German and shred a Panzer IV all the same. Did it just a few weeks ago on Rakowice--killed the AT trooper, grabbed his rifle, dove prone, spammed the side of the Panzer IV, watched as it exploded in flames. No enemy loadout required.

Classic forever.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
This.

As for the Pzb-784's power, the gameplay problem when it's matched up against the Panzer IV is more due to the fact that it has absurd penetration values in order to make it 'useful' against the T-34--a tank that was in reality effectively invulnerable against anti-tank rifles of all types. I say just make the PZB-784 identical to the PTRS-41 except in name. Identical power.

Otherwise, a Russian can always just steal a PZB from a dead German and shred a Panzer IV all the same. Did it just a few weeks ago on Rakowice--killed the AT trooper, grabbed his rifle, dove prone, spammed the side of the Panzer IV, watched as it exploded in flames. No enemy loadout required.
The ptrs can penetrate the t34. Just in specific spots like hull rear and side, rear and top of turret. I agree on identical power. They are the same god dam gun using the same ammo. I dont think the germans had magic hands that made it have absurb penetration.