Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 AM

Default S&D - First Suggesitons

Their are a couple of suggestions already for the S&D gametype:

- Instead of "switch sides" after every round make the teams switch after the half of the roundlimit. (maybe that a fraction is limited to a def or att role)

- Make crouching completly silent. (I know it's unrealistic but in terms of gameplay in s&d very important)

- Make the bomb timer longer (It shouldn't be impossible to defuse the bomb when you're on a wrong place. But it should be quite hard to manage!)

- Limit or turn off the voices screaming etc. (they are just exposing the players)

- Make 3rd person locked and first person the only spectate types available. (Just on friendly team)

- Make Defuse/Plant-Clock visible while spectating. (And make a godamn real spectator mode )

Thats it so far for me. I think for more detailed suggestions e.g. for particular maps it's way to early. S&D is so much fun and I'm so happy that TWI added this gametype. You did a fine good job so far!

Do you guys agree? Which points would you add to the list?

Last edited by nilsmoody; 05-09-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

I like your suggestions.

I would like to add being able to see the bomb planting and defusing timers when spectating anyone that happens to be planting or defusing.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskeeto View Post
I would like to add being able to see the bomb planting and defusing timers when spectating anyone that happens to be planting or defusing.
Yeah, thats important too! But a REAL spectator mode is necessary anyway!
I've added your suggestion to the topic.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:24 PM

Not many S&D Players here? ;(
Old 04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsmoody View Post
Not many S&D Players here? ;(
Unfortunately, the core community on this forums doesn't seem to care too much about this mode. I was pretty much the one to care enough about the mode to promote it and get it popular enough until it became official. I think most of the SD players are newbies, so they most likely aren't present on the forums.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:58 PM

I've been playing a bit of S&D this weekend with all the noobies, and I have to say, it can get pretty intense. So yeah, these suggestions would be nice.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:05 PM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

Another suggestion of mine to make the game more intense would be to get rid of the timer showing when the bomb will detonate.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
- Make crouching completly silent. (I know it's unrealistic but in terms of gameplay in s&d very important)
No on this one. The other ones I have no problem with.

By Dibbler & Team

Support the IOM - Join unranked IOM servers - Join the IOM group
Signature:©Kleist productions

Last edited by Proud_God; 04-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:47 PM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud_God View Post
No on this one. The other one's I have no problem with.
Right. I forgot to mention that I disagree with that suggestion as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:25 AM

SD is excellent now. A few server side tweaks and it will be ideal for former CoD and other games S&D players.

I have played it loads over the weekend and highly recommend the DG, GFA and , especially the 2.Fjg servers for great gameplay.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Make crouching completly silent.
No on this one as well.

I was a diehard COD2 S&D fan back in the day and am hoping this version can bring back some of that experience.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen many people on, so bear in mind my suggestions are based on faulty data. Small maps, small teams etc.

1) Not enough ready up time. Necessary for strategy.

2) The distance and the target sites between opposing teams spawns seems short. I used to love the slow advance over the whole of the map by both sides. Bomb sites used to be almost all the way back by the defending teams spawn. Now it feels like they're in the middle.

3) It might be me, but the rounds seem short and rushed. I remember having enough time to change tactics and move around on big maps. 5/6 min? I could be wrong, it's been a while.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 AM

Haven't played long enough to get some thoughts, but with this one I definitely agree:

Quote:
- Instead of "switch sides" after every round make a the teams switch after the half of the roundlimit.
Will post more thoughts after a while
Old 05-09-2014, 05:34 AM

@LugNut:
If you were a diehard CoD2 S&D fan why you're against silent crouching? It was a big gameplay element in CoD1,2 and 4 (and probably CS for walking slowly).

Quote:
1) Not enough ready up time. Necessary for strategy.
Well, but it's more than enough for a public server.

Quote:
3) It might be me, but the rounds seem short and rushed. I remember having enough time to change tactics and move around on big maps. 5/6 min? I could be wrong, it's been a while.
You're wrong. The rounds were that short. But in RS/RO2 are many noobs get killed fast in the beginning of the round. This could be a reason why you think that.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:50 AM

I'm against silent crouching because I think it's unrealistic, I was happy to see movement sounds appear in later games and am glad that they are in this one as well. I never liked the silent movement in COD2. I like being able to hear the enemy, think about how I can move around while minimizing noise and making decoy noises.

TBH, my small experience with S&D in RO2 so far has seen players primarily playing like rambo, not ninjas. Grab the bomb and rush to the objective.

Yeah, I could be remembering COD2 S&D through rose colored glasses. I just remember sprinting out of spawn for a certain distance, then slow crouch for the rest of the match and having enough time to move all over the map before time ran out. I only played on TR servers, so that might have been part of it.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
TBH, my small experience with S&D in RO2 so far has seen players primarily playing like rambo, not ninjas. Grab the bomb and rush to the objective.

[...] I just remember sprinting out of spawn for a certain distance, then slow crouch for the rest of the match and having enough time to move all over the map before time ran out. [...]
This comparison is true. Just because sound is not that important in RO2 in comparison too CoD1,2 and 4. It was quite easy to hear footsteps in CoD and since you make noises all the time anyway by movement and voiceovers it just doesn't matter that much if you sprint or crouch. There's just no point for that. Silent Crouching (and maybe + aiming) would be a huge advantage and would lead to a slower gameplay.