Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM

Default Combine US and Germany content

Tripwire, You should take all of the German content on RO2 and use what you can from RS to make a new expansion. The project would need new VO, new US models, new UI, and new maps (and of course the coding involved).

You could make a couple maps and have another community map contest.

I feel as though this game has endless replay-ability, yet is missing so many great battles. El Alamein, Tubruk, Sicily, Italy, D-Day, Carentan, Market Garden, the Bulge, Berlin, and many more. IMO there is so much potential for all of this content.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:19 PM

I think you should exclude El Alamein and Tobruk from your list. I'd like to see Berlin, but not with the US in it.

Last edited by Ruin; 02-11-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:40 AM

Ya a lot of those battles and fights the US was not present for.

Also alot of this has been done in older games.. COD for one, before they lost their minds and way. Well when infanty ward was calling the shots anyways. Not saying dont do it. But IMO best to pick stuff that has not seen the light.

Personally do not want to see a dlc based off movie stills. We keep getting that in game land. What is up with that anyways? Some guy with no military or historical sense who designs a set for ease shooting a film and BAMMM game studios then pretty much copy said set instead of digging threw historical archives. Guess that does not really matter to most.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Would very much love to see a Market Garden game, complete with the British, Americans and Germans. Heck, toss in some Resistance fighters as well. Set it up like the current Campaign mode is run. Add various gameplay objectives, like search and destroy one of the bridges or a rail line, resistance can capture docs and return them behind friendly lines, etc.

A little more depth of story would be a great addition to the already well done territory gameplay type.

Gosh golly gee, I wish I could code and map build.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:53 AM

Derp. I mean the North Africa campaign and those were the first two that came to mind. Not that the specific battle would matter to a degree. Desert fortifications.