Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 05-12-2014, 05:24 AM

Default a link between sectors and orders.

[RO2] a link between sectors and orders.

I want to talk about a colored link between sectors and orders - but for squad leader and commander.

I mean : when a sector is falling or is taking your order wheel part is colored in same way. It can help Commander and SL when they choice orders, as the little boxes help the soldiers inside the battlefield.

So, an example :
in commissar, A is attacking by soviet. You are axis squad leader or commander. Effect : in your wheel order, objective A who was 100% blue start to becoming red little by little in function of the capture by the soviet.

Toughts ?
Go in He.l with your game. RO 2 will end Festung Europa.
"My Way ? ...Stalingrad !"
Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 AM

Not a bad idea, but i don't know if the work would be worth it... i mean, if you have the time to press b and order to def/atk, you have also the time to open the minimap and take a very fast look (or to see the obj status down right).
Don't forget the Elitism. Mustn't forget that. Drives away people faster than you t'ink.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:31 AM

Sounds like a simple, jet big impact usability fix.
Needless to say, the UI has some more areas that need work.

I'm not saying it needs to be all shiny like bf3, but that one at least is better in terms of visual appeal and ease of use.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Univermag's ghost View Post
Not a bad idea, but i don't know if the work would be worth it... i mean, if you have the time to press b and order to def/atk, you have also the time to open the minimap and take a very fast look (or to see the obj status down right).
The Univermag Ghost,

No I mean SL and Commander can see the capture of sector directly from the wheel order.

No need to push a second minimap or to lost time trying to join the map. (but your argument is good). I don't say what you said is wrong. I said :
Sometime you don't have this time. (Sometime.) In another time, as you said, you can do it.

Switching on map will not help you when you are coming back in wheel orders. It's here (in wheel orders) SL and Commander need to see the progression on capture of objective.

Just wanted to said : More the Squad leader can read the capture, more interesting it is. When SL or commander try to choose his order, inside the surface of order of the wheel, he will see the capture (the blue and red color grown little by little and with the cross and star symbol)
Go in He.l with your game. RO 2 will end Festung Europa.
"My Way ? ...Stalingrad !"

Last edited by ro2player; 05-13-2014 at 10:27 AM.