Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Default Make possible to mix fronts

I wonder why it is not already a possibility, but will Tripwire devs make possible the mix of different fronts. As far as I know and after my own tests, it is not possible to make a map with different fronts..

I mean being able to mix for example US and German, or Russian and Japenese. This will make the game a lot more interresting for map making, we can have new fronts and new battlefields this way.

What do you think guys? I will really be happy if we can make maps with german versus americans on France battlefields for example.

If Tripwire don't plan to add these feature, can some mutator makers work on it? I don't know how difficult it can be but I think it will be really appreciated by map makers and the whole community, and I think this mutator can ONLY BE WHITE LISTED as it will improve the map variety a lot without breaking the game.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:14 PM

I agree completely. It would be really nice if the giant differences in code between HoS and RS factions did not prevent the making of custom maps which feature American vs. German or Russian vs. Japanese. I understand that balancing and dialogue would be an issue, but I feel like that would be something which could be fixed through the use of mutators.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 PM

it would add tons of variety and i'd definitely like to see something like this, for example a campaign mode that completely randomizes the factions and maps every time when it starts (and not just limited to axis/allies, but even usa vs soviets and japan v germany).

the only big problem i can see with it is the huge difference with ro2 and rs class distribution combined together with different map designs. i can't imagine city maps with several flamethrowers in them (maybe 1 at best), or 5 knee mortars per map (but again, 1 or 2, why not).

also i guess japanese/americans uniforms would look pretty weird in snow maps and russians in coats on iwo jima would be out of place as well, which aside of the cosmetic effect would also have impact on the visibility.

but as mentioned, this would add a great deal of variety and could be really hilarious to play, so why not.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM

I think a new gametype with some specifications must be created, as TE and RSTE.

Maybe something like UGTE (for USA vs GERMAN TERRITORY) and RJTE (for RUSSIAN vs JAPNESE TERRITORY) can be created. With modified skins, with modified voice messages and with all these little variation that will make it feel realistic.

I don't think a random thing would be OK, that is totally weird and will not work at all. Forget that idea (and it will never be white listed as it is totall bull**** according to realism that TWI want in their game).
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 AM

New skins are already a probability and the mappers set the classes AFAIK, so I don't see those as major issues.

If it's a coding incompatibility, that'd be a tougher nut to crack.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:40 AM

I would imagine that there's some legal stuff that prevents the mixing of factions given that the RS team is, in effect, their own company.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM

i would like to ve an Option in the worldinfo to ve mixed fronts !!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:15 PM

It's not impossible. It would require a large amount of effort on part of Tripwire and the Rising Storm developers to make it work. I'm sure they've discussed and thought about it; maybe one day it will actually happen.

For now, if we just show Tripwire how much we want it, *maybe* they'll actually consider going through with it.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM

They Need a "Heroes mode" with pick any nationality, any gun, and any unifom. Deathmatch free for all
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Up!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlksandklasnda View Post
and not just limited to axis/allies, but even usa vs soviets and japan v germany
If anything that sounds really dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlksandklasnda View Post
also i guess japanese/americans uniforms would look pretty weird in snow maps and russians in coats on iwo jima would be out of place as well, which aside of the cosmetic effect would also have impact on the visibility.
I think the whole point would be to have skins that suit the map, as well as maps that would look geographically and historically authentic. Soviets on Iwo Jima would just be too random, and what's the point of that?...wait don't tell me, it would be "fun".

Last edited by Cobra Trooper; 02-25-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 AM

Lets be honest though. From the inception of Rising Storm we all knew this would be expected. The modding community as well as the mappers would have their worlds blown wide open if this was introduced. Lets hope it happens soon.

Support Custom Maps and Mods
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOH-rekrut View Post
i would like to ve an Option in the worldinfo to ve mixed fronts !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Jager '43 View Post
It's not impossible. It would require a large amount of effort on part of Tripwire and the Rising Storm developers to make it work. I'm sure they've discussed and thought about it; maybe one day it will actually happen.

For now, if we just show Tripwire how much we want it, *maybe* they'll actually consider going through with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets1104 View Post
Lets be honest though. From the inception of Rising Storm we all knew this would be expected. The modding community as well as the mappers would have their worlds blown wide open if this was introduced. Lets hope it happens soon.
If the developers can prime the pump by adjusting code to allow for faction-swapping in the SDK, "Darkest Hour 2" will pretty much make itself and even I'd plumb the depths of the SDK to make a Red Army vs. Imperial Army map.

Then again these fronts could very well be possible expansions that TWI/AMG/whoever may want to reserve the ability to produce and sell in the future, so patience will have to do for now I guess.