Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 AM

By the way, does anyone how you can find an account based on account name and not nickname?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:50 AM

This thread is not about how long a person has his steam or forum account. Please stop the continues derailing. Action will be taken if the derailing continues.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 PM

As a relative newcomer to the Red Orchestra series, but not realism/military shooter games, it feels like the community here only want a Red Orchestra 1 with updated graphics, rather then anything new. What I mean by "new" is anything that deviates towards any type of modern arcade shooters. This by itself doesn't really seem like a bad idea; you are appealing to your niche audience, and you have a specific role in the gaming market, both are excellent reasons and ways to earn a nice profit as a game developer.

However nostalgia is a double edged sword, and NOT trying new things could alienate new players, as well as future customers. Not only that but as a gamer, it certainly does get boring when its just territory mode day after day, with more or less the same orders screamed by players on mic.

I suppose in a way i'm calling this community a bit too conservative, and I apologize for that, but dismissing a game mode simply because it is "too much like cod" is simply too much. Perhaps we all just victims of nostalgia, remembering R01 through a rose tinted lens.

Search and destroy seems like a good idea, but I feel like engineers should get a boost in defusal speed or some kind of buff in this mode. After all, explosives were supposed to be an engineers specialty.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:27 AM

Search&Destory? Awesome! A Gametype I'm missing in RO2. RO2 needs a one-life gametype and S&D is the best one out of them anyway! Highfive TRIPWIRE!

Quote:
I suppose in a way i'm calling this community a bit too conservative, and I apologize for that, but dismissing a game mode simply because it is "too much like cod" is simply too much. Perhaps we all just victims of nostalgia, remembering R01 through a rose tinted lens.
I'm also new and I can relate to this statement by Salty?!. S&D won't ruin the game and btw. S&D didn't started in CoD!

Last edited by nilsmoody; 02-13-2014 at 11:29 AM.