• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] How to bring back Red Orchestra: Combined Arms

maps played the most important role indeed, most ostfront maps are purely linear where you can pretty much only cap in a straight line which doesn't offer alternatives in attack methods. While old maps often had 2 zones open or more offering alternative attack methods on opposite sides of the map.

Beside that on maps where you had lots of open cap zones you couldn't see who was capping what area, and when inside you wouldn't see how many enemies are in the cap zone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
at least 3 pT members are still there from the very early days, myself since the end of 1.0, ueber since 1.1 i think, same for aceto imo.
(worluk, aceto_balsamico, uebergeek :) )

Imo the biggest change from, lets say 1.2, is the sway, in the mod you could hit when standing, you hardly can in Ostfront. Movement was different.
Those things, and not the maps are the biggest change. The Berlin port is still Berlin, due to the huge advantages for defenders it plays drastically different.

Upvote 0
Earliest I can claim is beta 2, but that still pips most of these guys. :p

I dunno, some things were better, but I think that a lot of people see it through rose-coloured glasses. It certainly wasn't without its fair share of problems. And believe me, I much prefer the ability to get a game in my own country, whereas in the old days it was basically the CIA/Core server or nothing. Not that it was a bad server and I was hardly a bad player, but 250ms ping is still 250ms ping, no matter how you try to swing it.

Upvote 0
Heyho,

While i totally support BulletTooth idea, i think it would be far more easier for everyone to just open up a subforum regarding 3.3 (or older versions for that matter) issues on this board.

I think i suggested this before, 2 years ago or something, at times when the old forums still have been running. So i was told that ppl should use the mod forums for mod stuff (heck, shortly after that it was taken offline) and that newcomers might confuse the mod with ostfront if it would been mentioned here as well... c'mon, ppl aint THAT stupid :p

There used to be quite a lot of good information around in the old forums (tutorials, installation issues with mac/ linux/ win, mapping and modding tuts etc) which somehow should've been saved.

And as a matter of fact, the files are still around (3.3 is even in some packetmanagers on a few linux distros) , ppl still play it from time to time -> it still EXISTS, but as the op stated, no concentrated information exists. Never a good thing, if u ask me. Heck, even in the new ET:QW forums theres a W:ET subsection.

Well, actually i never understood why RO-3.3 CA has been so totally abandoned in every respect; and i am not speaking about further support from TWI but about the things mentioned above: community support.

Personally, this dead silence about "teh mod" really pissed me off, as i like to play it from time to time, as it features a totally different athmosphere and some awesome maps which just wouldn't work in ostfront.

greetz,
gitano

Last edited:
Upvote 0