• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] weapon wont fire on first moose click

It happens with other guns than the bolt rifle, so I don't think not bolting may have anything to do with it (for example if I use smg, die and respawn with smg it can occur, with no bolting involved).

That is correct. But as i said.. I mainly play with bolt rifle so that's where i can describe the problem best.
I've had 3 other people confirming (with different weapons under the same requirements) that when they got the bug that had happened just before they died.

But if i ask you this:
When you use the smg and the bug occurs... where you under a full spray of bullets or did you burst and die about the same time you pressed your fire key?
(If my theory is correct it was when you pressed the fire key and died)

And yes the requirements should be the same for ALL the weapons.

Upvote 0
I don't care about "getting it often". Get me a case that I can do 80 to 100 % of the time and reproduce it locally.

Does that mean you don't believe us? Anyways it sounds like really good customer support to tell your customers you don't care.

For me it's a nearly gamebraking bug, as I always forget to first fire a shot after respawn to see if its working. I really don't know why this is happening or how to reproduce it. It's sometimes just there after I respawn. So far it happend with the mosin nagant rifle and the smg. The main problem is that it sticks until the next map once it has happend. Every time I respawn, frist click nothing, second click shot.

My theories so far are: I encountered it most of the times when playing on a really loaded server 50+ Players. It only happend to me on Spartanovka. I don't remember it at the moment - I will look out for it in the future - but I think I was in the ironsights while beeing killed. The theory of DColt with Bolting sounds about right. Maybe it also happens when you get killed while reloading. I have never been autobalanced prior to getting this bug, so I cant comment on that.

I remember back in Insurgency (a HL2 Mod) it happend if you get killed while reloading, it was a pretty common bug. And was responsible for many teamkilling incidents at spawn. It's the only other game where I encounterd such a bug before.

Upvote 0
auto balance seem to cause it
happens mostly if you auto balance at one time in a match
auto balance seem to cause the 3 round burst for SMG Too
I reloading weapon after you spawn seems to fix it
i play on large severs 64 players
maybe that has something to do with it

It happened for me today (again) and this time I'm sure I wasn't autobalanced.

Upvote 0
Hey Yoshiro,

I AM ABLE TO REPLICATE THIS PRETTY MUCH 90% OF THE TIME.

I've been working on this for a few hours now, it clearly has nothing to do with what you did just before, or what you're doing in the moment it happens. It can happen when you spawn and simply click without doing anything else. Nothing to do with ironsites, position etc...

Something happens when you die while firing. It seems to occur when you're shooting just as you die or when you click at the exact moment you die(you're gun dosn't have time to fire). Either one of these. I have died at least 40 times doing this and as i spawn i click 1 second after spawning, 38 times out of 40 the gun doesn't fire.

Reactions: 8BitFox
Upvote 0
Still not sure how to reproduce it each time but got it numerous times after spawning in map Commisar's house as Axis, and i always done mostly the same thing :

Spawn > run into building > mantle wall > run > press crouch and continue to run in this position > stop to run > try to shoot nothing > need to click again.

It's not 100% consistent, i happened like 1/3 of times i spawned axis, i maybe miss some steps there ( like pressing more than once a key to run or crouch ) but it happened often to me yesterday doing mostly only this after spawning.

Will post more details if i can find some missing steps.

Upvote 0
Hey Yoshiro,

I've been working on this for a few hours now, it clearly has nothing to do with what you did just before, or what you're doing in the moment it happens. It can happen when you spawn and simply click without doing anything else. Nothing to do with ironsites, position etc...

Something happens when you die while firing. It seems to occur when you're shooting just as you die or when you click at the exact moment you die(you're gun dosn't have time to fire). Either one of these. I have died at least 40 times doing this and as i spawn i click 1 second after spawning, 38 times out of 40 the gun doesn't fire.

go man!!! :IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Hey Yoshiro,

Can confirm this, was in a close bolt rifle action with a russ, i died the moment i tried to shoot, then after i respawned i tried shooting and it didnt, so this is clearly related.

Pretty much the same effect when you move forward and alt tab your way out in source engine games, then tab in you continue to walk forward without pressing the button and stops walking forward when you press the forward key.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still not sure how to reproduce it each time but got it numerous times after spawning in map Commisar's house as Axis, and i always done mostly the same thing :

Spawn > run into building > mantle wall > run > press crouch and continue to run in this position > stop to run > try to shoot nothing > need to click again.

It's not 100% consistent, i happened like 1/3 of times i spawned axis, i maybe miss some steps there ( like pressing more than once a key to run or crouch ) but it happened often to me yesterday doing mostly only this after spawning.

Will post more details if i can find some missing steps.

Did you try out what i posted before? Did you read my post? I said it can happen even if you stay put and shoot one second after respawn!!!!!

Do people read other peoples post on here, if we work together things get fixed faster.

I said i am able to reproduce this 90 % of the time. It's either firing while getting shot and dieing or click just that moment you get a bullet between you're eyes. Please try it so we can confirm this.

Reactions: K@n@y
Upvote 0
yep, I'm getting this too. It almost always happens when I haven't fired the weapon for some time, like after re-spawning.

Maybe it has something to do with the respawn/map interface, as in there being an invisible on-screen moose that goes away after the first click?

It's not time related, read my post it can happen just as you spawn and shoot a sec after. I tried the time related theory and its not that it can happen 1 sec after spawn 30 sec, 40 sec, 1min 0 after spawn etc.

You also don't need to shoot at an enemy like some people thought, i thought so too but its obvious it happens at this moment because we usually start shooting when we see an enemy... lol

Upvote 0
I tried 3 times being tmkilled by a friend on an empty server while firing.....but no way to reproduce the bug after respawn :(

Did you try with an smg? It's alot harder to do with a bolt.

It seems to be very precise, you have to shoot just as you get shot. I will try again today a bit later though. Sadly none of my friends play red orchestra 2 so i have to do it on a full server.

Upvote 0