• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Discussion]How will the SS be in the future?There are too many guns for SS now.

There are
rifles:
LAR
Xbow
M14
[mod]M44 bayonet
[mod]SA80 DMR
[mod]M99 anti-material rifle
[mod]M24 sniper rifle

pistols:
9mm tactical/dual
handcannon/dual
[mod]MK23/dual

It's a bit too much and is against the 3 tier weapon law in KF.
Many were crying for sniper rifles while quite a few good ones are in the modding area.Will the TWI make it official?How will the weapons for SS be in the future?

There are
rifles:
LAR
Xbow
M14
[mod]M44 bayonet
[mod]SA80 DMR
[mod]M24 sniper rifle

pistols:
9mm tactical/dual
handcannon/dual
[mod]MK23/dual

Many were crying for sniper rifles while quite a few good ones are in the modding area.Will the TWI make it official?How will the weapons for SS be in the future?

I havn't seen any of these weapons yet:
[mod]M44 bayonet
[mod]SA80 DMR
[mod]M24 sniper rifle

There's only the M99 and hunting rifle. While the hunting rifle won't be a balancing problem.
Ivan and me are planning on making a Weaponpack for KF which should include 1 weapon for each perk but SS. These weapons will be mid tier.
The sniper has enough weapons for now.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
There are
rifles:
LAR
Xbow
M14
[mod]M44 bayonet
[mod]SA80 DMR
[mod]M24 sniper rifle

pistols:
9mm tactical/dual
handcannon/dual
[mod]MK23/dual

Actually in the game:
9mm pistol
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Weapons that actually fall under the Sharpshooter category:
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Mods that may make it to the game:
MK23/dual (also not sharpshooter only weapon)

mods that wont make it to the game:
M44 bayonet
SA80 DMR
M99 anti-material rifle
M24 sniper rifle

Just because its out there doesn't mean its going to be added to the game. A mod simply existing does not make it a sure thing to be added.

Just because a sharpshooter can use it effectively does not make it a teir weapon for the perk (much like grenades aren't a teir weapon for demo).

Also:
Idk why there is such a huge number of sharpshooter mods out there. I certainly don't understand why such a huge percentage of the playerbase has a massive love affair with this class, and I'm assuming its because a large number of gamers have hardons for snipers in every online game I've ever played.

Reactions: Aze and Lewt
Upvote 0
If most of these (like Mk23, Hunting Rifle and M99) get added there is a simple solution:

The Gunslinger... (or something similar), aka make a new perk based on pistols.

Also, it's not really a problem if you add more weapon variety for ALL perks. We just need to come up with (and program etc) viable ones for the other perks.

Like (just tossing out mine and others ideas which i have seen, which i think seem possible in the future):

Firebug - Husk Cannon, Flare Gun (or a Flare REVOLVER?), Thermal Lance, Welder being able to damage
Commando - Any burst-shot assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher, Bren Gun
Support - Rivet Cannon, Candlejack's Franchi SPAS15
Demolitions - Sticky Bombs, Neopup
Medic - M7A3, Sammers remoteheal-marker-dart idea + his Medic Shotgun, Renee's drain-attack-then-heal-syringe
Gunslinger - Some revolver(s), Fullautopistols
Berserker - Riot shield, Spear, Claymore, Sledgehammer

There is more stuff too (which i can't fully put on specific perks) like:
Bow & Arrow
Harpoon
Stun guns and similar "lightning/shock" weapons
Some rifle/smg/whatever with a bayonet
Some rifle/smg/whatever with a underslung shotgun

Most of these things haven't been in so many video games (which is how the Forum community here think is the way it should be, and i agreed! :))

"There is no END to the possibilities!"

:rolleyes: :D

EDIT:
Ivan and me are planning on making a Weaponpack for KF which should include 1 weapon for each perk but SS. These weapons will be mid tier.
The sniper has enough weapons for now.

GIMME! :D
(Need help with suggestions? ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0
Firebug - Husk Cannon, Flare Gun (or a Flare REVOLVER?), Thermal Lance, Welder being able to damage
Commando - Any burst-shot assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher, Bren Gun
Support - Rivet Cannon, Candlejack's Franchi SPAS15
Demolitions - Sticky Bombs, Neopup
Medic - M7A3, Sammers remoteheal-marker-dart idea + his Medic Shotgun, Renee's drain-attack-then-heal-syringe
Gunslinger - Some revolver(s), Fullautopistols
Berserker - Riot shield, Spear, Claymore, Sledgehammer

Thermal Lance!? Hey, that's Protoss technology! :p

Welder being able to do damage would be hilarious. Reminds me of the Natural Selection HL mod.

Upvote 0

Hehe, it hasn't broken any 3 tiers.

Besides, Demolitions have 2 weapons on tier 3: M32 and the LAW. The Berserker also has loads of weapons, among them are 2 of the 3rd tier: Chainsaw and Katana...

Just because there are only 3 tiers (with which i agreed is a good amount of tiers) doesn't mean there can be many weapons WITHIN THOSE TIERS

Thermal Lance!? Hey, that's Protoss technology! :p
Hehe, well it was also a suggestion. Here it is:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39982&highlight=thermal+lance

Welder being able to do damage would be hilarious. Reminds me of the Natural Selection HL mod.
I think it already is able to deal damage in one of the mutators, the WTFmod or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care too much if the weapons get ingame or not.... It would just be nice if they would get whitelisted some day, as I don't really like playing KF without achievments and perks (it's just fun on big servers).
Actually I didn't play too much with our weapons, as I just don't know anyone who actually could live without achievements.
I know that TWI is bussy with RO2 atm, so I don't expect that they will whitelist anything before the release of this game.
If things will never get whitelisted however we will cancel making weapons for KF, as it's just not worth the time and work we put into these weapons. This is no threat or anything... What I just want to say is that we then just will work for something, we never really can enjoy and that's really demotivating!
You folks have to know that making such weapons takes time and isn't a thing to relax.
And heck we really don't do this for fame and honor :D
Would anyone of you build a house where never ever anyone will live in??
I'm shure that TWI will take a look at our stuff once they have time. They're a great company but some of you just seem to whish it will never get whitelsited or so..... Just for the lol or whatever...
BTW the M99 is Tier 3.
The XBow and the M99 bothe are Tier3 and totally different:
M99 is a bit stronger but weights 13 blocks and has long reloads + slow aiming.
Xbow is a bit weaker but ligher and easier to handle.
Both can't kill FPs on Suicidal and HOE

@noupperlobeman

You know why we made SS weapons??
Because we can! And many people here were asking for a Sniper rifle + we like the M99.
You sound like if it was our duty to make mods which are requested and so on.... NO it isn't!
And again we DON'T do this for fame or anything!! Just for ourselfs. And of course we're happy if other people like it too. If they don't I'm not angry at them or so lol. That would be redicilous. I can't force anyone to like cake or so :D.
Just be happy about mods or hate them. But start with that "why didn't you do this or that.... the game already has.... we don't need...".
This is no critic on the actual mod but I just get the feeling that I'm some kind of slave who should make what you want...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only people who will decide whether a weapon will make it ingame is TW. Hunting Rifle and M99 could possibly have a chance if they are polished and TW looks at them. As for mods, we make what we want, what ever we feel like. If that happens to be sniper weapons, oh well, we feel like making sniper weapons.

SA80 - Yoyo ported the assault rifle and WTF mod made a sniper version. Sort of cancels each other out. Plus WTF mod added weapons for other perks too, not just the SA80.

M44 - I made it so SS/Beserker could make use of it. Not the best rifle or best melee but you get both in one package. A hybrid weapon you might say. Not really sharpshooter specific. LAR would be the superior rifle.

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
The only people who will decide whether a weapon will make it ingame is TW. Hunting Rifle and M99 could possibly have a chance if they are polished and TW looks at them. As for mods, we make what we want, what ever we feel like. If that happens to be sniper weapons, oh well, we feel like making sniper weapons.

SA80 - Yoyo ported the assault rifle and WTF mod made a sniper version. Sort of cancels each other out. Plus WTF mod added weapons for other perks too, not just the SA80.

M44 - I made it so SS/Beserker could make use of it. Not the best rifle or best melee but you get both in one package. A hybrid weapon you might say. Not really sharpshooter specific. LAR would be the superior rifle.

Exactly :)!
You already released the M44 because I never saw it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also:
Idk why there is such a huge number of sharpshooter mods out there. I certainly don't understand why such a huge percentage of the playerbase has a massive love affair with this class, and I'm assuming its because a large number of gamers have hardons for snipers in every online game I've ever played.

That's exactly it. And since the only actual RIFLE in the game besides the Lever Action (The LOLM-14) sucks total buttcrack, people keep modding in over-the-top, broken sniper rifles that will never see the light of day outside of mods.

Reactions: SMIFF and slavek
Upvote 0
That's exactly it. And since the only actual RIFLE in the game besides the Lever Action (The LOLM-14) sucks total buttcrack, people keep modding in over-the-top, broken sniper rifles that will never see the light of day outside of mods.

Please explain 'Broken'? The hunting rifle is nigh on complete and I have tried my best to keep it as underpowered as possible for a decent balance.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Actually in the game:
9mm pistol
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Weapons that actually fall under the Sharpshooter category:
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Mods that may make it to the game:
MK23/dual (also not sharpshooter only weapon)

mods that wont make it to the game:
M44 bayonet
SA80 DMR
M99 anti-material rifle
M24 sniper rifle

Just because its out there doesn't mean its going to be added to the game. A mod simply existing does not make it a sure thing to be added.

Just because a sharpshooter can use it effectively does not make it a teir weapon for the perk (much like grenades aren't a teir weapon for demo).

Also:

and exactly who stated that the M44 won't make it in? It actually got a ton of support before, and now suddenly the mood is "it doesnt exist" or "no one likes it"....what happened? And who says it has a worse chance than Jack Carver's pistols (which, while awesome, have difficulty placing themselves from the rest of the pistols, no offense)?

Anyways, as for why the huge amount of SS mods:
there is really 3 different classes inside a single perk here: Rifles, pistols, and Snipers. The SS perk itself doesn't really have a single, solid community or even a clear category, when compared to more clean cut perks like the demo or support per se.

Upvote 0