• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Unknown Steam Error...(Tried Solutions)

Right, first off this only seems to occur in the Beta version of RO. Whenever I go to join a server I get the "Unknown Steam Error". I have tried all three fixes located here. Deleting the clientregistry.blob file, logging out of steam and logging back in along with making sure no firewall or any program is interfering with steam, but the issue persists.

Along with that I have tried verifying my game cache, reinstalling the beta and reinstalling steam. But the issue still persists.:)

Any solutions I have possible overlooked? And cheers in advance!

Does it do this with any other game? Only thing I've seen was that it was a problem with Steam. All ports are allowed in the firewall, correct permissions, running Vista?
No other games are acting up - and as I said it is only the Beta version of RO. The normal version works flawlessly.
Also, you wouldn't happen to be using any "special" Steam accounts, would you?
My normal account.;)

There are a couple of other files that can be deleted apart from the "blob" file in the main Steam folder.

Yoshiro has posted about this in previous threads !

Once you have verified your game cache, its good practice to close Steam.
I know the files that should be deleted - I deleted all the files in the steam folder apart from the steam.exe . I have tired pretty much everything I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Err ... shouldn't this be in the Beta forums?

I'm getting that error, too, and deleted the blob, verified cache.

It seems to happen with some irregularity; sometimes it'll happen when I try to download a new map or new package, sometimes around the 5% downloaded mark. Sometimes I'll get the map successfully but it'll kick me out when trying to download some of the supporting materials.

Sometimes it acts as if it's going to download a map I already have (newer version? Don't want to say the name in an open forum, on the premise this falls under the NDA) but then offers that error at the 0.0% mark.

Upvote 0