• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good Enough Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I know there is recomended and minimum specs, but still I would like your opinion on my system. I have the following:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core i5 CPU 760 2.80
Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Ram 4 GB
ATI Radeon 5750 HD

I really want to run the game with a good framerate on medium to high settings. Do you think it would be possible? I am downloading the demo for U3 as we speak.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I know there is recomended and minimum specs, but still I would like your opinion on my system. I have the following:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Ram 4 GB
ATI Radeon 5750 HD

I really want to run the game with a good framerate on medium to high settings. Do you think it would be possible? I am downloading the demo for U3 as we speak.
looks like u can play it on high

Upvote 0

Windows 7 Ultimate

Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Ram 4 GB
ATI Radeon 5750 HD

You could probably run it at high with 4x AA and 16x AF on 1280x1024.

You could probably run it at high/med with 2x AA and 8x AF on 1920x1080

The videocard is where the bottleneck is I guess.

Upvote 0
May i show my setup to fellow hardware fans? :D

Intel Core i7 2600K @3,4 GHz
Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Asus Xonar DG
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz CL9
LiteOn iHAS324 DVD RW
WD Caviar Black 1TB (SATA3)
Intel SSD 320 160GB
2x Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI (GTX460 1 GB)
Corsair AX750 Gold
Corsair 600T Special Edition White

Hope you like it :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think these days a 24 inch, 1920x1080 @ 60 FPS should be the standard thing to go for.

Man I need to get some bills paid off. I'm stuck using a 15" 1024x768 :(

That said, it certainly makes sure my 5770 rarely breaks a sweat. I do have a question about my GPU, though. As I'm little more than a complete noob when it comes to hardware, what's the difference between a 5750 and a 5770. The System requirements lab site says I meet all the recommended specs except for video card because a 5750 is recommended. When I google 5750 v 5770 all I get are reviews that treat them as essentially the same card, hehe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

That said, it certainly makes sure my 5770 rarely breaks a sweat. I do have a question about my GPU, though. As I'm little more than a complete noob when it comes to hardware, what's the difference between a 5750 and a 5770. The System requirements lab site says I meet all the recommended specs except for video card because a 5750 is recommended. When I google 5750 v 5770 all I get are reviews that treat them as essentially the same card, hehe.

Well actually it's a hassel playing the newer games like Crysis 2 on such a big screen since I can't change my GFX card :( I have a iMac which is perfect for anything else then upgrading for new games...

Upvote 0
So I'm just wondering if these specs are good and will allow me to play RO2 normally with no FPS lag. Yes I read the Recommended one but I still get FPS drops in certain games.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 : 2.80GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB (Available: 3.00 GB)

System Type: 32-Bit operating system

VGA: HD4350 512MB
ATI Radeon

:IS2:Thanks:IS2:

Your CPU is old, but it was a very good one at the time.
Your videocard however isn't that old but it's the lowest performing card of the 4xxx generation.

If you can find a used 4650/70 (preferably the 4670) you will see a HUGE difference in performance and would give excellent CPU/GPU balance.

You should be able to find a 4670 or a 5670 for 45 to 75 $

Upvote 0

As a fact the 5770 is a stronger version of the 5750, with a higher speed and more streaming processors. Which in the end results into about 25 to 30% more teraflops.

ATI used several types of appendix to determine the speed in the past. Where the 5750 would be the "XT" version, and 5770 would be the "Pro" version.

Upvote 0

Oh Jesus Christ.

This site is BULL**** since most of the system requirements that developers give out are total lies and this site only compares your system with the system requirements that developers give out.

Trust everything on the internet but this type of sites.

Some years ago that site wanted to tell me i would barely be able to play stalker shadow of Tchernobyl.Well....i was able to nearly max it out without any stuttering. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.