• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Typing in sorry for tking you and other,s

Mickg

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Hi i've been typing in messages by using the F3 key and opening the black screen with the green writing on, write the message and hit enter but i don't see it on the game screen afterwards. What have i got wrong, help appricated i have been doing this since beta and wondering all this time if anybody have got any of my messages.

Reactions: aD.Luoson
The fun part about typing "np" using global chat ('y' key) is that the first few times you type it, it will not output in the global chat section of the chat log. The server DOES recognize that you forgave the player who teamkilled you, but the teamkiller will not know you forgave them unless you wait a few more seconds and re-type "np" again. At this point, it will show up in the global chat log for all to see.

Upvote 0
+1:IS2: @ Fluttershy.
It gets annoying that you can't see your NP. It sorta makes you wonder if it actually is doing anything. The thing I would REALLY like to see is some sort of feedback as to when/if you were forgiven.

I agree. Having something like "<my_name> forgave <somebody>" would be nice.

Reactions: marsy333
Upvote 0
I don't get why they had to put in the stupid system where you need to forgive accidental TK's instead of putting in a system where you would have to punish those who TK on purpose.

Instead of writing "np" EVERY SINGLE TIME you're killed by a friendly you'd have to type "punish" when someone shoots you to grab your sniper or throws a grenade in a room where you are after seeing you inside or what have you.

It's a much simpler and user friendly system. I don't get it.

Except of course typing "np" was in OST so it must be superior to any other concievable system.

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
+1:IS2: @ Fluttershy.
It gets annoying that you can't see your NP. It sorta makes you wonder if it actually is doing anything. The thing I would REALLY like to see is some sort of feedback as to when/if you were forgiven.

Appreciate it, seems like someone is trolling the first few poster's reputations in this thread, including my own.

As stated in a couple other threads, I think either a general "you have been forgiven by [namehere]" would work well or conversely, set it to auto-forgive the TK'er; the TK'd player can always "punish" the TK'er by choosing to not forgive, thus giving the TK'er +1 "teamkill" points for that map (i.e. the exact same thing that happens when a player is teamkilled right now)

Upvote 0