• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dec 13th Patch

I don't really like the sound of this at all. :/

Why should the sharpshooter be able to shoot and reload really fast? That's the commando's thing.

Well, technically they were already reloading really fast with the handcannon, lar, and m14. They also have to reload much more than commandos due to low magazine size. They also can't really shoot fast as they have low ammo pool.

I'm thinking it's just a problem with the coding. We all had a big discussion about the Sharpie's 9mm back during the beta and that reload nerf was one of the big changes to come out of that project if I remember correctly.

Though, I wouldn't mind buffs for dualies since we were never able to come up with a satisfactory answer for where they stand balance-wise. The dual magnum takes forever & a day to reload so they could definitely use it, on the other hand dual HC with SS reload bonus is a tad overpowered even with no bodyshot dmg bonus as well as going against the role of Sharpshooter.

Reactions: EpharGy
Upvote 0
God dammit.. now I never will beat IceCave on HoE. Its impossible without 6 zerkers running around if you are playing the normal way. Even with the exploit in the throne room (i dont know about other exploits) we get plowed by the scrs or fps when they get in.. If someone know good spot in this map please tell me :( Im fine doing it the right way but there is no place on the map where you have at least 1 safe side - theres always specimens coming outta the god damn walls, the god damn ceiling, from the back, infront, left, right... ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Reactions: Elsea and Azukki
Upvote 0
God dammit.. now I never will beat IceCave on HoE.

Explain me... whats the point in defeating a game by exploiting/cheating?? To brag your friends that "oh I beat IceCave on HoE" when in reality you just camped inside a hole where specimens couldnt get to. Clap clap...

At least now you are forced to try it without exploiting and when you finally do beat it, youll feel a lot better trust me.

And a hint, the spawn works the best if you have 3 men close to the enterance directly in front of you and 3 at the left side, when we did it the specimens almost never came from the right side enterance or the holes in the walls. It might take a while finding the right formation but it does work if done right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malhaven
Upvote 0
God dammit.. now I never will beat IceCave on HoE. Its impossible without 6 zerkers running around if you are playing the normal way. Even with the exploit in the throne room (i dont know about other exploits) we get plowed by the scrs or fps when they get in.. If someone know good spot in this map please tell me :( Im fine doing it the right way but there is no place on the map where you have at least 1 safe side - theres always specimens coming outta the god damn walls, the god damn ceiling, from the back, infront, left, right... ALL OVER THE PLACE!

me and my friends beat icecave in both suicidal and hoe. in the spawn area.. weld the double doors.. and open randomly to kill all the mobs and close again..

2 supports 1 sharp 1 demo 1 comando 1 medic. GG..

Upvote 0
Explain me... whats the point in defeating a game by exploiting/cheating?? To brag your friends that "oh I beat IceCave on HoE" when in reality you just camped inside a hole where specimens couldnt get to. Clap clap...
I explained in my post. Its not possible to beat IceCave on HoE if you are playing with shooting classes, not 6 zerkers. Its simply not possible. We tried again and again and again.. The shops are too distant for any spot and there are too many spawn points for the specimens. The hardest imbalanced map in the game, imo. I am not going to try again till this is the last HoE achv I have left to do.

Reactions: Spicy and ro_sauce
Upvote 0
I think all modded servers have problems atm :(
This is a message I got from ro_sauce on steam about this:

We are aware of the issues with the dedicated servers after the update and are looking into it. Please be patient while we get this sorted. It looks like any non-whitelisted content will cause the servers to crash. So for the meantime run only whitelisted content until we get this sorted.

All I can say is DAYMN! Hope things go well TWI and try not to rush things too quickly as we're always here for you! :p

Upvote 0
I explained in my post. Its not possible to beat IceCave on HoE if you are playing with shooting classes, not 6 zerkers. Its simply not possible. We tried again and again and again.. The shops are too distant for any spot and there are too many spawn points for the specimens. The hardest imbalanced map in the game, imo. I am not going to try again till this is the last HoE achv I have left to do.

I beat it the first day on an Italian server with 260 ping, playing with euro friends. We had 2 sharps, medic, I was doing commando, and 3 supports.

To be fair though, the people I play with are very, very good.

Reactions: ro_sauce
Upvote 0

Survived IceCave HoE many times now, mostly at the spawn and one time in the throne room. At the spawn zeds mostly come from the front and the left. Only a few come from the right and sometimes spawn at the back. Skilled firebug with flamer can hold front alone due to long distance, sometimes needs help from demo on big crowds and FP and sharp for Scrakes. Left side guarded by Support + Commando or Support + SS. Medic in the middle for healing (needed a lot), watching back and maybe sniping Husks with xbow.

Here's team loadout:
Firebug at front (need very skilled one, or replace with Commando or Support)
Support + Commando on the left side (Commando sometimes needs to help with the back too)
Sharpie and Demo in the middle
Medic at the back to attract zeds spawning behind.

Reactions: ro_sauce
Upvote 0
I explained in my post. Its not possible to beat IceCave on HoE if you are playing with shooting classes, not 6 zerkers. Its simply not possible.

PixelDuck and I did it as a zerker team (on HoE) just because we wanted to do it that way. I agree it is a harder map, but I am quite confident that with a good team that it can be done with a gun class team.

Of course, you always have the option to do it solo or even just a short game if you want as it's the only map that still grants the achievement regardless of the game length.

Upvote 0
Just made some testing on test map. Here are bugs/issues I found:

1. Level 6 Sharpshooter's perk info says it has 60% damage bonus, but in real it has 140% headshot bonus.
2. Sharpshooter now has reload and recoil bonuses with all 3 types of dual pistols (that should be removed imo).
3. Sharpshooter still has no recoil bonus with .44.
4. In weapon priority list Dual-HC are higher than Dual-.44 (i.e. Dual-HC are switched first when pressing "2") and it is how it used to be, but single .44 is higher than a HC.
5. Sharpshooter gained again reload bonus with both singe and dual 9mm. At least headshot bonus nerf for HoE remained the same - 40% instead of 140%.
6. Claymore's weight is 6 blocks, so zerkers are supposed to trade it for ability to carry LAR (that it's fine for me). But Claymore is still switching before Katana, but community wants it to switch like Axe, i.e. pressing 1 should switch first to Katana, then Claymore. And if TWI could exclude knife from slot 1 when there are 2 more weapons in it, it would be awesome.
7. Flamer should be put back in slot 4 - because you can't carry both Flamer and Husk gun in the same time.
8. And for the love of God please change Crossbow price to

Upvote 0