• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 3

Nope, moved all of the HUD textures in to the Kriegstadt_T.utx so as to minimize required files (instead of two texture files I hoped to only have one). I even did a search of the classes with WOTgreal to see if any instances of it showed up...and they didn't. I did, however, use the Duplicate function in UnrealEd to move the textures from one package to another, and that is probably what did it. Now I know, I suppose.

Upvote 0
Since the map really wasn't played on servers (and hence, not distributed to too many clients), I wonder how safe I will be in updating my code packages? Basically I'm looking to merge the ISU152 code in to my stuff because it causes a mismatch error with Pariser Platz (I ****ING LOVE MISMATCH ERRORS).

So, I hope this can go smoothly.

Also to any server admins who run Kriegstadt Beta 2 or Pariser Platz please update your EH-M43_Tex to the latest version as all versions of the code make use of the same files.

Upvote 0
Now, which files were mismatches experienced with, just the ISU152 one?
Anything with textures, etc?

Also how many people acquired the map and files from your server? I'm going to do a re-release sometime tomorrow (or tonight if this one BSP hole goes away and I get to test it on the Core server). EH-BerlinTanksMod3 will be changed due to the ISU152 code being merged in to it, and the map will probably still be RO-Kriegstadt_Beta3 -- I'm relying on the hope that the map has made it out to people who can solve their problems when a mismatch comes up.

Upvote 0
It was the EH-M43_Tex file. I think everyone has fixed it at this point.
One server had Kriegstadt b2 with Pariser Platz (and the ISU) the other was running Kriegstadt b3 with Pariser Platz. Its passworded now (and usually is). I'd opened it up to the public late last night until around noon today. I don't think many were affected.

I didn't get very far into exploration of the map, but my fps were solid everywhere I went.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Now see, I was under the impression that texture files didn't conflict with each other and just happily overwrote. I can change it up, but that means that a fair deal of code will be changed and that, furthermore, mismatches will result from that - but not the textures.

Anyway I will work on it tomorrow. We covered a lot in the {CoreNA} test, so a few more fixes will be coming your way. So, expect a fixed version of the map and the files to come out some time tomorrow and you can enjoy it for the rest of the week :)

Upvote 0
yup the engine checks also the inside of all the files you reference in the map code.
it's not just a name reference, this is (like it or not :p ) a good thing! otherwise if i wanted to cheat, i could paint all the soldiers in a bright color, or make the walls of the maps translucid just by editing the textures on my side without anyone noticing.

getting server admins to change the files on their side won't help, but i think you realised that now. because almost everybody will have to manually delete the old files from their cache, plus it is totally impossible to make all servers switch to the new map instantly. not to mention that it conflicts with pariserplatz untill i will have updated it.

Upvote 0
yup the engine checks also the inside of all the files you reference in the map code.
it's not just a name reference, this is (like it or not :p ) a good thing! otherwise if i wanted to cheat, i could paint all the soldiers in a bright color, or make the walls of the maps translucid just by editing the textures on my side without anyone noticing.

I wish you were right there :mad:

Upvote 0
Well here's an issue for everyone:
If I rename my texture package, guess what?

33 mismatches. Why? PlayerRecordClass files that govern the ragdolling of the new player classes. And then I would have to change all of those files too.

So my answer here is no. It is not as easy as changing the file names like everyone seems to assume.

So, screw it. Pick one map or the other at this point or wait for Sepp to catch up.

Just. Delete. The conflicting files.

Upvote 0