• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Beta 5 Release] RO-Berezina

thanks for all the hard work Slyk! up and running on 2M's

I have to publicly thank you guys over there at 2Manny. You folks have run the life out of this map and it is so cool to see it up there and full or nearly full every night. Thank you so much for keeping it in rotation. I'm sorry we didn't get the BT7 implemented in time to really make this not only 'final' but a little more fun.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the zip folder containing the contents for Berezina beta 5, and I've been copying all of the necessary files. Where do all the .uz2 files in the redirect folder go? I can't find a coresponding folder in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra to put them. Do I even need those .uz2 files? Are they necessary for me or are they only meant for hosting servers?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the zip folder containing the contents for Berezina beta 5, and I've been copying all of the necessary files. Where do all the .uz2 files in the redirect folder go? I can't find a coresponding folder in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra to put them. Do I even need those .uz2 files? Are they necessary for me or are they only meant for hosting servers?

Thanks in advance.

Think they are for servers....

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.
No you don't need those files, they are compressed files for server redirects.

Upvote 0
I have to publicly thank you guys over there at 2Manny. You folks have run the life out of this map and it is so cool to see it up there and full or nearly full every night. Thank you so much for keeping it in rotation. I'm sorry we didn't get the BT7 implemented in time to really make this not only 'final' but a little more fun.

Sry for not noticing this sooner... But are you kidding man? LOL. Berez is a quality map and a crowd favorite - we'd be idiots to not run it. Thanks to you and your hundreds of hours of hard work, our job of keeping the mob happy is just that much easier. We salute you sir!

Upvote 0
Excellent map as usual! Just loaded this one up on our armor/combined arms server...HOWEVER...I think I extracted all the files properly, but....no one can see or find the anti-tank guns....:(
I did however have at one time an older beta version of Berezina running on the server, and have these files still in the server's system folder, so could these perhaps be conflicting with the current correct files? The files have this extension:
aHMT_ROVehicles

Also, can you let us know in what general area are the guns, and how many? Is there a 50/50 chance of them respawning, as in Tractorworks? Thanks....!!

Upvote 0
I would delete any older files just to be sure and re-extract.

Only one 45 will spawn every round. All others are tied to the spawn managers and then they are random so it is 50/50 that they spawn. The guns are along in the north trench covering the bridge, middle trench by the tree, in the wheatfield southwest of the village, 2 at the AT gun objective-one of which is always there, and three on the east bank.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Slyk......;)
Cleared out the files in question, and it seems to be working a-ok now. After doing so, we did have some players in questioning why only one gun, and where were they. I explained the above post that only 1 anti-tank gun will spawn per round. I also explained the map was different from Tractorworks, in that the number of tanks seemed about even to us. Not sure if other servers have had players with these comments?? Other than that, a VERY playable, enjoyable version of Berezina indeed.....
Finally, good luck to you and all the others in the contest!

Upvote 0