• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite games?

Many games. I will just list what I play now:

BFBC2 - Nice mindless fun when I am too tired to play something more indepth.

Lock On FC2 - Great sim. Needs more updates, mods, and official paid expansions adding changes to the editor and additional planes and terrian.

HW2 TFS - Sadly, I think it is dead.

ArmA 2 CO ACE - Fun when it works. AI and performance are my main issues.

This summer I'll play some more SWAT 4 and Raven Shield.

Upvote 0
Favorite games in no particular order:

1.Red Orchestra: Ostfront
2.Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (and Resistance expansion and Red Hammer mission pack)
3. Freespace 1 and 2
4. Battlezone 1 and 2 (people who say the second one sucked are just... wrong, story was epic just like the first, and I didn't think the new orange color scheme looked gay... just industrial, also there was a chick with a hot Russian accent in it)
5. IL-2: Sturmovik 1946 (multiplayer, never play singleplayer, AI's too easy/retarded)
6. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin and Afrika Korps (multiplayer only, the definition of epic, especially CMBB)
7. Thief Series (yes even the third I liked a lot, though the levels could definitely have been way bigger :()
8. L4D1/2 (oh how I wish they would port all the maps from L4D1 to L4D2 for owners of the former :()
9. Starcraft 1 and 2
10. Tribes 1 and 2
11. Hidden & Dangerous 1 and 2 (2 more though, 1 was a major pain at times, though it had great missions)
12. Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear and Raven Shield (never actually played the original, never played past Raven Shield cause of what I heard =P)
13. Star Wars: Tie Fighter (yessssssss the memories!)
14. Command and Conquer: Red Alert (the game that seriously "got me into gaming")
15. Company of Heroes (fantastic multiplayer, tied I'd say with SC1/2 for RTS games)
16. Mass Effect 1 and 2
17. Silent Storm (ya the PKs sucked but other then that had a blast with this game)
18. Halo: Combat Evolved (I don't care what anyone says, I loved the original, great combat settings and gameplay... I still remember that crazy mission where you attack with a bunch of regular grunts that Covenant ship landing site at night... pretty epic, great music too)
19. Talonsoft's West Front (from John Tiller's campaign series). I probably would have loved East Front 1 & 2 too but never got around to buying them.

Honorable Mentions:
1. Dungeon Keeper 2 (hilarious and innovative game, but felt the campaign was just too easy... I breezed my way through all the levels at the hardest difficulty except for one in the middle)
2. M1 Tank Platoon 2 (spent massive amounts of time with this game back in the day... I just wish you could have been able to control more than one platoon!!! Guess the title should have tipped me off :p)
3. SWAT 4 (great but... I like to kill people :p)
4. Civ 3 and 4 (great but not great enough to make the "favorite games eva" list)

I also really enjoyed the God of War games on the... PS2 I guess it was (played at a friend's house both 1 and 2 in one day basically lol), simply for the really intriguing storyline (helps that I'm already obsessed with Greco-Roman mythology). The gameplay was pretty cool too but it was the story/setting that sucked me in. Haven't played the third yet though, hope to sometime, though I'll never buy a console just cause not enough of the games interest me...

I wish I could say I loved Rome: Total War but the enemy tactical and strategic AI was just too freaking awful, to the point that it made it unplayable to me.

Also... to owners of Silent Hunter III, I bought it and wanted to get into it, but being the freak that I am I *insisted* on trying to learn how to actually launch and calculate torpedo trajectories, I didn't want any hand holding "BS" lol. Anyways, I just never got the hand of it and got frustrated (don't think I ever actually scored a hit on a ship without the gay "point and click" unrealistic settings---and I refuse to use that out of principle :p). Anyone got any links to help me out with that? I wouldn't mind giving it another go. I read a guide and stuff too, guess it wasn't detailed enough though. The fact that I'm not exactly amazing at math might have something to do with my utter failure too (I'm not terrible, I took calculus in high school, but just barely passed with a C+)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(unreleased) Brink... Brink because it's the best AAA shooter i can name.

Are you on the beta or something?

For me, in no particular order
ROOST
BF2:pR
RomeTW
WiC
CSS
HL1/2
Red Alert 2 -first game I ever got, loved it to death
COD1/UO/2/4 -moved on now, but I loved them when they came out
Kotor1/2
BF2 -same situation as COD

honorable mention
DA:O
Jak2
Civ4

Upvote 0
arma 2/oa
rise of flight
dcs: ka50
and soon, ro2

least favorite games i've bought:
napoloen tw-was expecting mod support. didn't come, so i ceased all business related activity with ca, but i remind them of their incompetence and broken promises every now and then with a thread on their forum.

least favorite games i didn't buy:
world of tanks-boring grindfest. the nice tank model and environment is wasted on such poorly implemented gameplay.

awful games i've researched, and therefore never bought:
all bioware games-awful character design. way to steal your kid's drawing off the fridge for the armor concepts.
all bethesda games-stiff cardboard characters and meaningless open world borefest
all battlefield/cod and imitations. no amount of words can describe the absolute craptitude of these game equivalents of fecal matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Commander Keen - my baptism. Still Waiting for The Universe is Toast to be made. ;)
Quake 1 - my imagination used to fill in the plot Id forgot to write, and NIN's soundtrack helped a ton. I can still fire it up and play through an episode without getting bored.
Freespace 1 and 2 - the best space dogfight games, imo.
Operation Flashpoint - speaks for itself.
Rogue Spear - bigger and more refined than R6, and somehow more visceral and engrossing than Raven Shield.
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - the pinnacle of the MOH franchise, and at the time that it came out, it was the best WW2 shooter I knew about.
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl - it does post-apocalypse the way only the post-Soviets can.
Red Orchestra - Red Orchestra
Close Combat
Europa Universalis III - play as any nation in the world from 1399 to 1821!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to make a little neat thread about what your favourite games are :)

Moonstone (Amiga)

Chasing other Knights across the map in a four player game and lopping their heads off and stealing their loot was always good fun. So many different brutal death scenes in one game as well :D

Anyway here are some of mine

01. Snatcher (MegaCD)
02. Shenmue (Dreamcast)
03. Fallout 1 (PC)
04. Shadowrun (SNES)
05. The Last Express (PC)
06. Shining Force II (MegaDrive)
07. Beneath a Steel Sky (Amiga)
08. D/Generation (Amiga)
09. Bladerunner (PC)
10. System Shock 2 (PC)
11. Outcast (PC)
12. Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe (Amiga)
13. Syndicate (Amiga)
14. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father (PC)
15. Zork Nemesis (PC)
16. Settlers (Amiga)
17. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
18. Interstate '76 (PC)
19. Another World (Amiga)
20. FreeSpace 2(PC)
21. Grim Fandango (PC)
22. Sensible World of Soccer (Amiga)
23. Planescape Torment (PC)

These are all games I can still play today and that haven't dated either because of gameplay or story. :)

Upvote 0
Mass Effect series is #1. Not even close as far as #1. The funny thing is, I got my Xbox 360 in November 2007, but had never heard of Mass Effect before (and of course it came out November 07). I played it at my brother-in-law's house, borrowed it and the rest is history. Oblivion I probably have put in like 300 hours. Even to this day, just taking an hour, walking around Cyrodill and the towns....bringing up the console and selecting a beggar and putting 'setcrimegold 4353425' on the beggars and watching the guards rush to slay them :D And you can guarantee a lulzy moment with the good ole Radiant AI. Like a thief trying to steal wine from a restaurant while everyone stares at him....then he runs to the door, comes back and does the same thing again, then a guard comes in and instead of attacking him, engages in conversation with him. Good times. The (recent) Fallout series did well to me. I just played too much NV in too short a time span so I haven't played in a long time. Red Orchestra of course, I wouldn't be here otherwise. The original Call of Duty was fantastic at the time, as was Allied Assault. Half-Life series (what PC gamer doesn't have that on their list?). CnC Red Alert 2 I probably put in like 200 hours at least. Probably more. The STALKER series has always been fun, if buggy and always given me difficulty with mods.

NBA 2K11 and NCAA Football 11 are my top sports games. NBA by a longshot though, its simply unbelievably well done. After getting disappointed year after year by Madden and NCAA series, to see a sports game so well done is mind blowing. Though it has its flaws...the Wizards are way too good when you play against them, as are some players, like Jason Richardson of the Magic...his *** always puts up 30+ points and drains 3, 4, 5 three pointers. If he was that good IRL the Magic would sweep my Hawks again. But the beauty of that, is you can edit player ratings, even if you're in Association (Franchise) Mode, for any player on any team you can see and edit their ratings. Good stuff. They put so much attention to detail that you can look at a player's ratings in the game, and boom, you're an expert on what they're good at and what theyre not good at. Its amazing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In no particular order...

Evil Genius - Though the rest of the list is in no order, this is my favorite game of all time, the style, the humor, the music, I love it all. I bought this game back in 2004 and I still play it every once in a while. It quite possibly has the best music in any game that I've played.
Call of Duty: United Offensive - While I liked CoD, this expansion pack made it so much better, I had a blast with the multiplayer and I can still remember some of the intense firefights I had in it, unlike it's sucessors. Although I don't play the multiplayer anymore, I still beat the singleplayer campaign every once in a while.
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 : Definitely my favorite RTS I've played to date, while the gameplay was stellar, I loved the cheesy live-action scenes before and during each mission. While RA3 tried to be cheesy Red Alert 2 was cheesy, which seems to be the difference between liking the acting in RA2 and being slightly annoyed with the acting of RA3.
Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41-'45 - It's obvious by my presence here that I have to love one of TWI's games, and I do. ROOST has given me some of my best multiplayer FPS experiences ever.
Hearts of Iron III - I had never played any predecessors of the Hearts of Iron series until I played HoI3 and I fell in love with it. It was the grand strategy game I had always wanted.

There may be a few more games, buried in my memory, but I cannot think of any more games at the moment worth mentioning...

Upvote 0