• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Solution] Those with ATI cards

Lobo

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2011
Georgia
Double check that you have the latest driver version, In Your DXdiag.exe I have noticed Quite a few that are running an older version AMD display driver version 8.872

Catalyst version Catalyst 11.7 Released 7/27/2011

The current version is AMD display driver version 8.881

Catalyst version 11.8 this is current http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#1

Make sure that your card is supported

Hope this helps out

18da7e46024410e96f99a3030a99f2f3.png

http://gyazo.com/18da7e46024410e96f99a3030a99f2f3

? :<

Edit: I'm running an HD5770.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This thread has a solution tag in front of it followed by Those with ATI cards

Just saying.

What are you saying?

What I am saying is that there are incorrect assumptions that they are running the incorrect drivers, some even go so far as to say that they are running the correct ones... Therefore sir, the solution to running the incorrect drivers would be to install the correct one.

As I said what are you saying?:D

Upvote 0
I'm saying that the title is misleading. Having out dated drivers is a user error. Us that have updated drivers and dual GPU cards can't get above 30 FPS. That is why i took the time to read this, the title was implying that it was a solution to this problem. When in fact it's just correcting user error. I'm not trying to belittle your attempt to help some people, however this post is getting a ton of views for what i just said, people think you have a "fix" to the problem.You do not.

Upvote 0
I have the most up to date drivers after a completely clean install. After that and one or two ini tweaks I've gotten maybe a few extra fps, but my biggest issue is that my GPU is only ever at 50% usage, and 25% on Fallen Fighters. Homefront had similar issues with ATI users, and after a patch from the devs, and new drivers from ATI all the issues went away.

Upvote 0
I'm saying that the title is misleading. Having out dated drivers is a user error. Us that have updated drivers and dual GPU cards can't get above 30 FPS. That is why i took the time to read this, the title was implying that it was a solution to this problem. When in fact it's just correcting user error. I'm not trying to belittle your attempt to help some people, however this post is getting a ton of views for what i just said, people think you have a "fix" to the problem.You do not.

Time for you to move along.:D toodles

There is a difference between, fix and solution, did not post it as a fix, because it does not fix or correct anything for the game. I posted it as a solution for those that have an ATI card (that is why I did not put Nvidia cards). a quick look would allow people that have an ATI card to check if they have the correct version. I personally could care less how you wanted it phrased. A quick look what I originally posted would give enough information to the user to see if they need to update their drivers, if they cared to.

It is simple and to the point, not with a long drawn out post. It is not misleading in any way. It appears that out of all of the people that
viewed the post, you are one of the only ones that did not like the way it was posted. Move along then, find something else to complain about if the post does not contain anything useful to you. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Here is something that people can try, open the ROengine.ini and see if these make any difference for you:

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=False
UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False
PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=False

Not always a fix, but if it improves anything let us all know.

Upvote 0