• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Yes, as long as you do something useful survival can be vitally important, you only have limited reinforcements and not wasting them obviously gives your team an advantage.

But there are some instances where being too careful can be a hindrance to your team, especially when on the attacking team where the only sure way to win is to capture all objectives, there's no value in having your time run out but twice the tickets of the enemy team, not even in campaign, as the reinforcements drain on the enemy probably never compensates the cost of attacking.

Upvote 0
Trouble is if everyone did that and hid in the toilet it would be a boring game!

In certain roles fair enough, yesterday as the sniper i stayed alive the whole round on peleliu including retreating back each cap we lost.

But as assault i would never hide beind a wall/hill the whole game to survive.

New players try to survive and the problem is that none of them are in the capzone when it counts.
Countdown sounds your type of game.

Upvote 0
Yes, multiple times. Easiest way for me to get great score and survive whole match is to play as machinegunner in defensive map. Actually I remember defending Grain elevator with soviet machinegun and having most kills in the server while still not dying even once. I've did it in some other maps too but that one might be the easiest map to do it, atleast for me. U just have to know good spots and change your spot occasionally, also fast aim hand helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done it quite a few times and it's tons of fun, don't know why some of you guys are saying though you can really only do that though with the sniper and mg. I have done it with a semi-auto, a smg and a rifle before with being at the top of the scoreboard in terms of points and kills. It's all about knowing the maps and being careful/smart , not saying to hide in the corner and get maybe 1 kill but move into the caps in a smart way and you can get 40 kills on top of the list, and have your name appear at the end without dying.

Also staying in a position in the cap zones where you can still cap them with your team but have a good position to run from grenades and arty. I suggest more people try it, it's a lot of fun to pull off.

Upvote 0
In a match on a good server full of good players, i was squad leader japs. (and i am not a good player)

I think i might have died on the intial defence of A, but on the return to A after re-spawn we lost it, so i went prone in no mans land between B and A as a spawn point in a little nook, did not die, got about 32 kills with the nabau smg.

Thing was i think the attackers tend to look at the territory they are attacking and run straight at it not thinking you will be defending out front of A in no mans land, it was a sweet spot, not once was i fired on.
We won keeping B easy.

I did die once though, so.. not exactly perfect. This rarely happens though, i usually get massacred.

There was a similar time on the HMG in the Grain elevator bottom floor inside.. i had like 40 kills, this was a while ago though and died like twice early in the game.

You get those memorable moments in the game when you are the "hero of stalingrad" and completely rambo it.
600px-DrS022.jpg

Upvote 0
SURVIVAL IS FOR GURLS!!! KILL EM WITH YOUR SPOON!!!:IS2:

but seriously, sometimes i can stay alive for along while being aggressive an other times im face down in the dirt more than i am when stood up (usually when playing rifle man, not as sl) apart from tickets theres no penalty for being dead so why be scared. an im often top 5 so yea, just do it.

Upvote 0
Why would I?:confused:
If there is a good SL its in my opinion better to play aggressively and die sometimes. Sniper is different but everyone else? Seems rather like hindering your own team.

If you logically think about it for a sec. it gets really really funny. If all player do it nobody gets killed and nothing happens.
So you are just using the other players valour to give up their lives if you are just camping and farming enemies the whole game.

It is pure gametheory. If everyone starts to lay down and try to survive nothing will happen.

Upvote 0
If you are playing Territory mode, you are doing it wrong.

The mode was designed to simulate reinforcements gradually entering the battlefield. You are meant to die. Your avatar is just a symbol for many different soldiers who took part in the battle.

Better play Countdown, which is a one-life, one-round game mode, and not be a problem for your team on Territory.

Upvote 0
Explain, an effective troop in a position to survive, maintaining fire on the enemy is far more effective than that gap in time and fire waiting for the re-enforcement troop to show up. The longer you survive and maintain fire the more effective you are for the total team effort. Just running up there to shoot two to three targets Rambo style and dieing and repeating is not that effective, and as I state many times, it is far easier to win 'bleeding' out the other side of tickets, while my troops survive or die at a far slower rate.

Upvote 0
It does work both ways, unless you play the standard "hey diddle, diddle, charge down the middle," game. We ran bridges with 'lose as few as we can' in the attack in campaign, bled Germans out, to '0', we the Russians had over 420 left, with 10min or so to spare, and on a public server. It can be done without a head banging, nose on nose, lose a lot of troops game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0