• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-PariserPlatz-III-ISU-152

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
PariserPlatz-III-ISU-152

download here:
http://files.filefront.com/PariserPlatzIII+ISU+152+v3rar/;9607538;/fileinfo.html

the AHZ vehicle pack 2 is needed to run this map!

i am proud to present you the updated beta 3 of pariserplatz, featuring the new ISU-152 self propelled soviet gun!

changes from beta2:
- added an ISU-152!
- more cover for infantry in the streets
- added one new objective: last pockets of resistance
- unter den linden allee objective is now closer to the gate, and more easy to cap
- limited the acces to several building, forcing the combat back on the streets

big thanks to Captain Obvious and Shurek for their great new vehicle, and for letting me use it!
link to the ISU-152 thread: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25164

i hope that with this new version the combat after the gate will be more intense, and a monster like the ISU 152 will bring some change also!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dumba [cro]
Played this yesterday, twice as Soviets. First time our tankers were rather incompetent and wasted our armour, so we fall short of tank respawns and we lost 2-1. Second time we had great tankers, communicating with each others, one of them being none other than SchutzeSepp himself , and the soviet onslaught was unstoppable (we had like 2 ISU and 1 T34 enfilading the last street while the had no Pak HT spawn left.)
Thanks for this map, this is even better than Kriegstadt 0_o

Upvote 0
Great addon, but were are the Allied tanks? I know people are to play cautious but they can't even stop a German fauster to getting right out side their spawn. Within 6 mins all the Allied tanks were down and 1 Panther and this is with competent team tanking. Abundance of fausts and the confusion of the uniforms allows a fauster to really by pass the infantry and go for the gold.
I am sure the new tank can do wonders but from what I saw 1 hit from the Panther took it out and 2 fausts on the front.

Btw it is a great map and always a tense fight no matter the numbers

Upvote 0
Great addon, but were are the Allied tanks? I know people are to play cautious but they can't even stop a German fauster to getting right out side their spawn. Within 6 mins all the Allied tanks were down and 1 Panther and this is with competent team tanking. Abundance of fausts and the confusion of the uniforms allows a fauster to really by pass the infantry and go for the gold.
I am sure the new tank can do wonders but from what I saw 1 hit from the Panther took it out and 2 fausts on the front.

Btw it is a great map and always a tense fight no matter the numbers

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me! ;)

if tankers get their tanks destroyed by a spawnraping fauster time after time, then it might be best for them not to use tanks.
the allies get a new batch of tanks when they have capped the gate approach. its up to them to keep their tank alive as long as possible, up to now i have succeeded in fighting the full 35 minutes with the first 3 tanks, not even using the new tanks that spawn in after the gate approach was capped. other tankers used them, and we ended up with 2 ISU tanks and 1 t34 fighting together on the platz. ending up with discovering the big problem of this tank: little ammo supply, wich was a problem with the real tank aswell

one hint i can give you with the ISU-152 is to stay out of faust reach, and simply avoid any exposition to other tanks or AT guns, the HE shells can take out PAK guns and PAKwagens with indirect fire.
stay at least 100 m from the nearest german soldier.

Upvote 0
The ISU-152 always hunted with infantry to shield it against fausters and other infantry threats. The thing wasn't built for close combat. It was built for pounding targets of opportunity from long range.

Crash, you are right on the money with your assessment. In real life, the ISU series tanks were very vulnerable during street fighting - and yes, they were notorious faust magnets as well. It had a massive gun, but it is only moderately armored. It was not designed to go toe to toe with heavy German armor. Generally speaking they operated in groups of five with infantry support to keep enemy infantry off their flanks.

Glad everyone is having fun!:)

Upvote 0
fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me! ;)

if tankers get their tanks destroyed by a spawnraping fauster time after time, then it might be best for them not to use tanks.
the allies get a new batch of tanks when they have capped the gate approach. its up to them to keep their tank alive as long as possible, up to now i have succeeded in fighting the full 35 minutes with the first 3 tanks, not even using the new tanks that spawn in after the gate approach was capped. other tankers used them, and we ended up with 2 ISU tanks and 1 t34 fighting together on the platz. ending up with discovering the big problem of this tank: little ammo supply, wich was a problem with the real tank aswell

one hint i can give you with the ISU-152 is to stay out of faust reach, and simply avoid any exposition to other tanks or AT guns, the HE shells can take out PAK guns and PAKwagens with indirect fire.
stay at least 100 m from the nearest german soldier.

Single greatest threat to ISU 152, IS 2 and the T-34/85 is the "Tank Jacker" who jumps in and make suicidal charges with the hapless tank, and also fellow teammates who deliberately throws themselves under your tank in order to make you run them over and thus forcing you to tk and possibly a kick/ban for tk'ing:mad: - Tried that twice today, fortunatley my tank crew and my self whined enough to turn the tables on the jerk and got him kicked instead - What are the world coming to now a days?

Upvote 0
Single greatest threat to ISU 152, IS 2 and the T-34/85 is the "Tank Jacker" who jumps in and make suicidal charges with the hapless tank, and also fellow teammates who deliberately throws themselves under your tank in order to make you run them over and thus forcing you to tk and possibly a kick/ban for tk'ing:mad: - Tried that twice today, fortunatley my tank crew and my self whined enough to turn the tables on the jerk and got him kicked instead - What are the world coming to now a days?

Thats kind of a given on Combined Arms maps although sometimes there are very good tankers. Its not really that bad on Pariser Platz because at least there are multiple tanks for the russians and artillery so at least not all of your advantages are muddled. On RO-Kriegstadt and KonigsPlatz it much worse because there is only 1 German tank on konigsplatz. So moronic charges ruin your chances to suppress the advancing enemy troops as well as tanks. On Kreigstadt "people" have tried to panzerfaust the Pantherturm because they didnt get in it first so they mess with whoever is in the turret by trying to jump infront of you when you try to fire or shoot faust after faust at you even when the Russians are advancing on your position. The AT guns are worse there are people who purposely jump on them and waste ammo jamn them and then move on to the next one ruining all the German defenses. I remember a time when such behavior led to to a kick/ban now this behavior is the norm on many servers. -End rant-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On Kreigstadt "people" have tried to panzerfaust the Pantherturm because they didnt get in it so they mess with whoever gets in the turret first by trying to jump infront of you when you try to fire and shoot faust after faust at you even when the Russians actually advance on your position. The AT guns are worse there are people who purposely jump on them jamn them and then move on to the next one ruining all the German defenses. I remember a time when such behavior led to to a kick/ban now this behavior is the norm on many servers.

Kind of makes me sick really. The AT guns will/should be fixed for the upcoming release. However, one of the primary reasons the Russian tanks move so slow is because of the aforementioned players who like to grab a tank and then blaze across the battlefield. Having them be slower causes them to stick with the infantry whether they like it or not, which also discourages those idiotic types from taking the tank to begin with. The Pantherturm/AT guns though are a tragic case I suppose...would be so much nicer if players realized that such is there to support them and the team effort...

Upvote 0