• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Interesting mauser. Nade launcher?

Ska Wars

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
England
A slightly odd item showed up on a decativated gun website from here in the UK. Seems to have got their lads stumped, and to be honest, I've never seen owt like it either.

Anyone come across something like this before?

http://deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/Mauser_thrower.htm

linethrower12ni8.jpg

1. Not sure what the Mauser is, but I'm leaning toward it being a flare gun of some sort.

2. The Buntline special (the really retarded looking revolver) originated with a pulp fiction author named Ned Buntline. He commissioned them with 12" and 16" barrels from Colt, and presented them as gifts to various western heroes that he wrote about - Buffalo Bill, Wyatt Earp, etc.

nah doubt that they test ammo pressure without a real barrel
because a different barrel means different pressure, means the powder burns different ect

3. Physics. It would like to be your friend. Perhaps the two of you should get together sometime?

Upvote 0
What would those threads at the end be used for then? Wouldnt that indicate is would be screwed/fastened to a structure before fired?

If it is for passing a messenger line between ships - good idea, that - then the threads are probably for attaching the bundle of line so that it's securely attached to the gun, so's only the part that's supposed to go flying actually does.

Upvote 0
that would make sense. Looks similar to the design that attaches to the muzzle of the M14 that is in current fleet use (USN/USMC)

Yup. That's why I'm so pissed I didn't think of it first. :D

Ones we had, you just unscrewed the castle nut behind the flash hider, pulled off the whole assembly and replaced it with the shot line attachment. We left it that way in the small arms locker - it was too much damn trouble to change it out every time we did an UNREP.

Upvote 0