• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

Well if you think about it... The six series is newer, and quad cores are the new dual cores, so common sense dictates...

Well if you think about it... The six series is newer, and quad cores are the new dual cores, so common sense dictates...

dont forget the new 6xxx series are downscaled name wise than the previous 5xxx series....

For example 6970=5870,6950=5850,6870=5770,6850=5750 etc etc etc....

So you have 6750M=5650M at the most????????,ALSO mobile GPU's are weaker than the desktop ones branded with same digits at about 15-20%...

On another note,yes your GPU might have faster clocks,but try to compare it with the desktop version and you will see difference in the shaders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No.... 6770=5770 (saw gpu core rebadged)

oh and most of the new cards have more performance, than the last gen equivalent.

A 6750 is better than a 5650.

Well yes it is....its a higher version with better tesselation,more shaders and others bells and whistless...

But do not forget the guy is asking if he can play the game on high and the recomended specs for it are ATI 5750,GTX 260 or higher...

So if desktop 6750 is namebranded by the 5650 and offcourse its is stronger than the 5650 but dont forget he has the mobile version which kills 20% in performance from the original desktop 6750.

I dont know,looks like he is on the border with required performance,but then on he also has I7 CPU which can pick up on some things that the GPU lacks in processing.

*Just my opinion,I might be wrong and hopefully I'm*

Upvote 0
dont forget the new 6xxx series are downscaled name wise than the previous 5xxx series....

For example 6970=5870,6950=5850,6870=5770,6850=5750 etc etc etc....

So you have 6750M=5650M at the most????????,ALSO mobile GPU's are weaker than the desktop ones branded with same digits at about 15-20%...

On another note,yes your GPU might have faster clocks,but try to compare it with the desktop version and you will see difference in the shaders.

Sigh. The 6750m is equal to a 8800 Ultra, at stock clocks.

If it doesn't work out to well I always have a GTX 580 in the desktop... Just cant travel with that...

You seem to have poor opinions of mobile GPU's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sigh. The 6750m is equal to a 8800 Ultra, at stock clocks.

If it doesn't work out to well I always have a GTX 580 in the desktop... Just cant travel with that...

You seem to have poor opinions of mobile GPU's.

Its not my opinion on mobile GPU's,its reviews and charts I read about them,if what I wrote here about the mobile GPU's is not true,then I have been lied also.

BTW ur 6750M can do much more and stretch its legs way more than the 8800ultra....ur not comparing apples with apples,or maeby my opinin is poor as you say......

*EDIT: clocks in GPU processing matters,but there are other factors who play bigger role into getting better performance,you can always OC your CPU,but if your CPU arcitecture is not good enough,you will only gain little from the OC"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not my opinion on mobile GPU's,its reviews and charts I read about them,if what I wrote here about the mobile GPU's is not true,then I have been lied also.

BTW ur 6750M can do much more and stretch its legs way more than the 8800ultra....ur not comparing apples with apples,or maeby my opinin is poor as you say......

*EDIT: clocks in GPU processing matters,but there are other factors who play bigger role into getting better performance,you can always OC your CPU,but if your CPU arcitecture is not good enough,you will only gain little from the OC"

Considering its a brand new sandy bridge 2720QM, its doing fine for itself.

Upvote 0
Considering its a brand new sandy bridge 2720QM, its doing fine for itself.

Toxic buddy I wasnt talking about the I7 processor....as far as I know your CPU performs better than mein and I got desktop....

I was just saying that iven if you take an older quad OC it but it will only give you so much boost because speed is not everything,it use to be like that before(CPU companies going only for speed),its more about the architecture of the product now.

My opinion is that 6750M will have problems running the game on high,but since you got an awesome CPU,well then its possible that the I7 will pick up on a lot of things that the GPU is struggling with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So how would I do with these specs I'm planning to get? This is mostly an entry level rig which means when I can I will eventually upgrade it, but right now this is all I can afford.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955 3.2GHz Quad
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM

Changed my specs to allow me to afford a way better GPU while maintaining the same price range. Insight?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So how would I do with these specs I'm planning to get? This is mostly an entry level rig which means when I can I will eventually upgrade it, but right now this is all I can afford.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz Quadcore
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Graphics card: ASUS Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 1 GB
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM

I'm sure I can run the game just fine but it's nice to read up on some fellow forum peers insight here for the hell of it. I need a good supporting mobo at a decent price range if someone can recommend one. I'm looking at the ASRock LGA 1155 micro-ATX board at the moment.

i bought g.skill ram from new egg the other day and it was dead on arrival. That could be just a one time thing but i'm just saying. I got a refund and bought corsair ram

Upvote 0
i bought g.skill ram from new egg the other day and it was dead on arrival. That could be just a one time thing but i'm just saying. I got a refund and bought corsair ram
Same happened to me with Corsair. ;)
Such things should not but can happen; as long as they will give you new ones or a refund all is good. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I just got a simple Question for you guys/gals...

What do you base a Graphics card off of? Performance wise?

Is it Higher Core Clock/Shader Clock/etc speeds? or do I get a 2 G.B. Card Compared to a 1 G.B. Card?

Here are the links to the two cards I'm looking at.

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683 (2 G.B. Card)

<a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425&cm_sp=Pers_ProductSimilar-_-14-121-425_1_AG-_-14-130-683" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ProductSimilar-_-14-121-425_1_AG-_-14-130-683 (higher Core Clock/Shader/etc, but only 1 G.B.)

OR:

should I buy an Nvidia 570, and spend some extra bucks?

such as this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130622

(I know most of you will say get the 570, but If someone would be kind enough to tell me which is better, and why, (on the 560's) I'd be REALLY happy :). (I'm not too graphics card smart, so if I knew why, and how it's better to pick a certain card over another one I'd be delighted).

Also, here are my specs I have now:

Nvidia 9800 GT

6 GB Ram

Amd Phenom 2.2 GHZ Quad Core (I know this might be a bottleneck also, but since it's mainly a GPU game like Yoshiro said, I'll go with the GPU upgrade then get the cpu later down the road).

-TodaysKiller

EDIT: I just remembered about the PSU lol :/

Will this be able to run it? Idk how to read these things very well...

I'll just write what is on the box :D

ATX12V V2.2 EPS 12V V2.91
Four +12V output rails
80% high efficiency performance

Input Voltage: 100V-240V~, 60-50Hz, 8A
Output Voltage: +12V1DC, + 12V2DC, +12V3DC, +5VDC, +3.3VDC, -12VDC, +5Vsb
Max Load: 18, 18, 16, 28, 30, 0.8, 3
Min Load: 1, 1, 1, 2, 0.5, 0, 0
Ripple: 120mV, 120mV, 120mV, 120mV, 50mV, 50mV, 120mV, 50mV

Anyone psu smart? and can help me out with this problem also? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT: I just remembered about the PSU lol :/

Will this be able to run it? Idk how to read these things very well...

I'll just write what is on the box :D

ATX12V V2.2 EPS 12V V2.91
Four +12V output rails
80% high efficiency performance

Input Voltage: 100V-240V~, 60-50Hz, 8A
Output Voltage: +12V1DC, + 12V2DC, +12V3DC, +5VDC, +3.3VDC, -12VDC, +5Vsb
Max Load: 18, 18, 16, 28, 30, 0.8, 3
Min Load: 1, 1, 1, 2, 0.5, 0, 0
Ripple: 120mV, 120mV, 120mV, 120mV, 50mV, 50mV, 120mV, 50mV
Well, one crucial thing you have forgot to mention: how much Watt is it? ;)

Upvote 0