• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you plan on using the atari jaguar's 20-something-buttons controller, gameplay simply will not work on console

con_JaguarProController.jpg

There are tons of other reasons why HoS wouldn't work on console, it's just that this one is my favorite ;)

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
1. They are a small studio, so they have to make choices.
2. They seem to prefer the PC for what (all) it has to offer, and with good reason(s) in my opinion.
3. Playing a realistic skilled based shooter whilst aiming with an analog stick is unfathomable.

However, they have never stated that they will never port it to consoles (though if they ever do it will probably be very different from the PC version); it's just they have never committed themselves to a console version, and as far as I know, it's not on the top of their priority list.

EDIT:
TodSky said:
If you have a console and are over 14 you should be very ashamed!
I'm well over 14, I have a console and I am not ashamed. I feel cheated somewhat, I feel treated like some retarded, impressionable little brat when browsing the menus, I feel frustrated more times than I care to remember, but I feel no shame! Know this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just bought a PS3 for playing games like Fifa, NBA2k11, NHL and so on. A friend of mine borrowed me Call of Shame MW 2 and I thought: "ok, let's see how I am supposed to play a shooter with a gamepad".
After 5 minutes of intense testing, I came to the conclusion:

EPIC FAILURE

ROHOS needs keyboard and mouse. Leave the consoles for racing games and sports games...

Upvote 0
I just bought a PS3 for playing games like Fifa, NBA2k11, NHL and so on. A friend of mine borrowed me Call of Shame MW 2 and I thought: "ok, let's see how I am supposed to play a shooter with a gamepad".
After 5 minutes of intense testing, I came to the conclusion:

EPIC FAILURE

ROHOS needs keyboard and mouse. Leave the consoles for racing games and sports games...

I also find that some games like assassins creed are better suited for Console, as well as other semi-shooters, or semi-fighters. And it saves the CPU space for games like ROHoS, Breaking Blocks, or KF.:D

Upvote 0
I doubt TW would add auto aim, and even with auto aim, I can not play COD for crap on console. Maybe I'm a noob, maybe I just suck, but I find FPS a pain in the *** to aim/play on gamepads. Also, not sure how they would have enough buttons to utilize every feature. Also Console is not worthy to feature our holy machine god IS2. ;) IS2 is PC exclusive. Problem Bill Gates?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I use to play CoD series ( or whatever it was called for PS2 or XBOX ) years ago, I thought this works pretty well on a console. I then said, how can people play this same type game on a PC.
After all, The PC has several keys throughout, and a mouse and thought this would be to complicated to play vs a console.

Then I took a chance and bought RO: Ost ( my first and only FPS game for the PC ) from Steam.
It turns out it wasnt that difficult at all to play on a PC ( took a couple weeks to get use to game play).
Yes, there are options to use several different keys, but I find that I mainly use a half-dozen keys grouped together ( similar to whats on a console ) plus the mouse to get by on.

Joe

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.