• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Star Wars: Force Unleashed

I wonder if all these physics will actually mean anything in terms of level design and not just a stuck on gimmick.

That is the big question, i saw another teaser about this, where the guy beeing interviewed was allmost orgasmic explaining this new physics engine, and somewhere down the line, he seemed to come to the akward realization that they actually have to make a game out of all this new tech, and that he had no idea what that actually entailed..

Thats usually not a good omen.

Upvote 0
they say its results in an authentic star wars experience, what i see is a game that floods you with completely overdone "because we can" stuff and where you play a jedi who apparently has more force than the emperor himself.
when you look at how carefull and stealthy the jedi's were in the first movies, staying hidden, only using the force when neccesary and then you see this game where the jedi goes rambo-ing entire squads of stormtroopers at the time in the air, while dath vader himself needed all his force to lift up some generator and throw it at luke...

seems more like a running in a hollywood movie where averything is made of foam, and where you can lift up everything you see...

Upvote 0
SchutzeSepp, you can't seriously expect realism in a Star Wars game.
i never mentioned realism, but authenticity as they said themselves.
you seriously can't call that an authentic star wars experience, they are clearly telling this game is about a parralel story inside the star wars world.
so if this character is authentic then he surely has more stength than any jedi i have seen in the movies :rolleyes:

why dont they just sell this as a next-gen show-off game aimed at 12 year olds who need to buy every single game that comes out for their console, and who hopefully have never seen the movies.

Upvote 0
Yes, but this guy is (presumably) Sith, so he isn't going to go in for the zen buddhist Jedi approach to the force. He's going to be force choking wamp rats for kicks. Pus the Sith don't have any reason to be stealthy anymore, seeing as they think every Jedi has kicked the bucket.

Ignore the bit I said about realism, I just woke up.

Upvote 0
i dont get it that they say he is a secret apprentice of darth vader, and through the entire clips we see him smashing stormtroopers?

and funny when they say they incorporated 3 systems in the game bla bla bla... while they incorporated a game into those systems. you can clearly tell by the face of the devs that they don't believe a word they are saying, except for the fat guy who is clearly into it (especially when is doesn't concearn star wars)

Upvote 0
I got 2 things from that video -

Blah blah blah blah lets make some not very new and gimmicky tech sound new and interesting.

and

Blah blah blah blah lets take all the cool stuff people want to do with force powers and put it all into a very samey linear probably shallow game. Hey! At least it looks cool!

I like Star Wars a lot, especially the old X-Wing & Tie Fighters, JK, JK2 and KotoR. But this just looks silly. They haven't even put any effort into the story! Darth Vaders secret apprentice? Gimmie a break.

As was said earlier in this thead, you're not expecting realism, but there's nothing wrong with at least a little feasibility.

Upvote 0
x-wing vs tie-fighter was ma favorite game for a long time, that was authentic.
all the star wars games i have seen since were shallow, cheap and everything but authentic. it always looked like they were made in no time, so they could surf on the wave of merchandising after every new movie was released.

btw, anyone noticed the radioactive rancor?

Upvote 0