• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how about an advertising forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novex

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
i know TW & Mods are ok with people posting 1 ad for their server company / fansite etc but given the nature of it people will keep bumping their post occasionaly, resulting in the first page of general being mostly ads.

how about making a new forum dedicated just to advertising KF related sites and services, that way people are able to browse it quickly to find the best server provider for them, and people reading general dont have to filter past all the advertisments.

No1 reads advertisement forums.
That would be like creating an ads tv channel, who would watch it?

A better idea would be to forbid advertising in the first posts so you cant register only to advertise.

actualy I and many other people read advertisment forums when we are looking for a product to buy or rent etc, what we dont appreciate is having to sort through ads and real content when we arent looking to buy anything.

Upvote 0
actualy I and many other people read advertisment forums when we are looking for a product to buy or rent etc, what we dont appreciate is having to sort through ads and real content when we arent looking to buy anything.

as far as the ads are related to the forum subject (here killing floor game) and their title explicit you should not be bothered.
If your not looking for a server then you may not read threads which title says "order", "rent" "special offer" and so on.
Im not having issues with my graphics so Im not reading theads about graphics issues, same principle.

Ofc when some threads got some fake attractive titles or when some ppl only register to advertise I agree with your point.

Upvote 0
No1 reads advertisement forums.
That would be like creating an ads tv channel, who would watch it?

It's not like an ad channel because these ads are almost always about a specific thing; server hosting. You could compare it to a TV channel dedicated to selling you property and who would watch that? People wanting to buy it. I too would like such ads moved to their own board, isn't the traditional way to advertise servers to host a bunch and add periodic server messages of where to get one like it?

Upvote 0
Pointless splitting of hairs here. You know very well what people are getting at, as does anyone else who happens to read this thread.

I'll break it down - some people dont want the usefull information contained in the forums diluted by ad after ad after ad of generic hosting solutions.

Just dont read them is one simple answer, another is to stop bumping these ads quite so often and keep them to one thread - not one thread per "offering"... (this bit not directed any one person specifically.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.