• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whoever created Candlesmoke

On-Topic: Someone explain this map to me. What's it about? I'd love to play it, I'd just like some info first.

its not like Hive or Olde Tower.

Candlesmoke is more like L4D. you have a long map, and you go thru it to get to the end, on the way youll have calm periods and crazy periods. when the zombies show up you stop, and kill them. then when the coast is clear you move ahead. usually the sections are seperated between trader waves (there is no trader, just there for peace/finding ammo.

Hive and Olde Tower were about puzzles, and following a storyline. the Hive is based on Resident Evil, you do things that youve seen in the movie and based on the story. there is map interaction like pressing a switch to activate something. Olde Tower is very puzzle based, you have to find hidden switches, and do certain tasks before you can move on.

i hope this is all clear to you about what makes each so different, so when someone says Candlesmoke is a copy/stolen idea from Hive/OldeTower, you can tell them they are absolutely wrong.

Upvote 0
hive and olde tower were about puzzles, and following a storyline. The hive is based on resident evil, you do things that youve seen in the movie and based on the story. There is map interaction like pressing a switch to activate something. Olde tower is very puzzle based, you have to find hidden switches, and do certain tasks before you can move on.

I hope this is all clear to you about what makes each so different, so when someone says candlesmoke is a copy/stolen idea from hive/oldetower, you can tell them they are absolutely wrong.

What?! What is this Hive and Olde Tower about?! Must play! :O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Hive is based on the first Resident Evil if i'm correct. You go in a secret base and complete the objectives. Kick3r made 2 versions of this map if i'm correct again. The Hive v2 is funny (bots in the airport ^^). Never played on Olde Tower

Omgosh! Add me on steam: OHsnapcojax, and we shall play! :O

Upvote 0
What about me?

Ninny needs friends too! :p Haha.

Speaking of which, I barely have any friends who play Killing Floor. 2 or 3.

...Hm.

What the ****? Why is it whenever I try to look up steam names, it always says it can't find anyone with that name?

Oh oh! Add me too! ^^

Forgetting I changed my steam name, I gave the wrong one. x.x

It's cojaxiscereal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played Candlesmoke today.

CandleJack on Candlesmoke.

On hard.

Hoooooly ****.

I made it to the generator room 3 times in a row as support L5 and wiped with a mostly full team.

Then we got our **** together and made it to the end. Then 3 people out of 6 died in the first minute or so.

I love the feeling of no longer invincibility.

And i was forced to do the dirty.
Use the M14 ;_;

I wish to play Candlesmoke more.

The last guy left on the team was a medic with a katana. He ran from the end back to where the screenshot in the loading screen was taken, the HORZINE sign, and discovered the gate was shut. He then proceeded to get no lubed by about 100-200 specimens with only his katana.

And again, Hooooooollyy ****.

Upvote 0