• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this game already dead?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on your ping/latency, how many servers respond to the hit, how many people are refreshing, servers changing maps that are populated, etc.... hit your refresh numerous times and you will see servers come and go and come back. It is what we have been discussing in this thread and not all servers showing at any one moment.

Of course. I thought you were referring to the number of players playing on each server listed in the server browser.

Upvote 0
Why ask then?

And I played some roost this morning, less then 100 people playing = dead game to me.

I understand that you are happy with having a tiny community, but that does not mean a game is alive, and also means new players won't stick around cos they will get owned non-stop until they rq the game forever.

Seriously are you reading what you're typing? Of course RO1 is almost finished now :rolleyes: The RO2 playing community is fine, the game has just been added to clanbase and there's tons of free stuff/fixes coming.

If you think otherwise why waste your time on such a dead game's ( your words ) forum?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We used to get the same thing thing with RO1 every week. " OMG it's dead/dying ". On and on, and over again.

Guess what, people are still playing it today :rolleyes:

Because you implied it wasn't dead by this statement.

I waste my time here in some vain hope that I read a statement from the devs saying something about making the game better, I think a lot of people are doing the same.

also atm there are less than 1000 people playing ro2, this is not alive and well, this is dying. In my opinion of course.

also,
dead game's ( your words )
I think you are putting words in my mouth, did you even read what I wrote?

and I didn't downvote you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
population is down due to that OTHER game which came out this week.

ill keep coming back to ro2 because the gun play is more satisfying. i shoot and my target goes down and thats it NOT like you know.. shooting someone clearly and he turns around to knife you dead.

i tell you tho, that mortar in the other game is cool im surprised its not in ro2 - theres mortars at the spawn in Barracks. maybe its on the to do list at TW

Upvote 0

ill keep coming back to ro2 because the gun play is more satisfying. i shoot and my target goes down and thats it NOT like you know.. shooting someone clearly and he turns around to knife you dead.

i tell you tho, that mortar in the other game is cool im surprised its not in ro2 - theres mortars at the spawn in Barracks. maybe its on the to do list at TW

Are you talking about Payday the Heist ? , it came out the last week and every week we have new games out so I don't see the point here . Everiday since the launch the game is losing players .

I know what it means, but it doesn't apply to this game.

We used to get the same thing thing with RO1 every week. " OMG it's dead/dying ". On and on, and over again.

Guess what, people are still playing it today :rolleyes:

Sure ... but , can you consider a game with 400 players or less still alive ? , because therre should be less than 400 people playing RO1 because that it's the number of players that is listed on the Steam Stats for the less played game that appears in ... and RO1 doesn't appers in that list so it has less than 400 players .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the game, I think it's really fun to play, but I've shelved it for now purely because of the lack of fun maps to play on, there are frankly too few maps to use, and out of the ones we do have there are only about two that I actually find fun to play on.

I'm hoping when Rising Storm comes out next year I'll enjoy the game more.

Upvote 0
Because you implied it wasn't dead by this statement.

I waste my time here in some vain hope that I read a statement from the devs saying something about making the game better, I think a lot of people are doing the same.

also atm there are less than 1000 people playing ro2, this is not alive and well, this is dying. In my opinion of course.

also, I think you are putting words in my mouth, did you even read what I wrote?

and I didn't downvote you.

Read carefully.

Any game with regular players is not dead. A dead game has no players. RO1 is not dead but it is getting very long in the tooth, RO2 has just started.

I don't care who down voted what, the little green or red icons are about as interesting as the " the game is dead/dying/on the way out " posts.

So to sum up, you said " RO2 is on the way out " and I do not agree. Further you say RO1 is dead and I also do not agree because it has regular players, and so does DH.

Now I'm going to add you to my ignore list because talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, have a nice life.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about Payday the Heist ? , it came out the last week and every week we have new games out so I don't see the point here . Everiday since the launch the game is losing players .

Sure ... but , can you consider a game with 400 players or less still alive ? , because therre should be less than 400 people playing RO1 because that it's the number of players that is listed on the Steam Stats for the less played game that appears in ... and RO1 doesn't appers in that list so it has less than 400 players .

It will be dead when it has no players, it's not rocket science, or maybe it is?

Upvote 0
Read carefully.

Any game with regular players is not dead. A dead game has no players. RO1 is not dead but it is getting very long in the tooth, RO2 has just started.

I don't care who down voted what, the little green or red icons are about as interesting as the " the game is dead/dying/on the way out " posts.

So to sum up, you said " RO2 is on the way out " and I do not agree. Further you say RO1 is dead and I also do not agree because it has regular players, and so does DH.

Now I'm going to add you to my ignore list because talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, have a nice life.

Ignore me cos you cannot continue to defend that a game with less than 100 players is not a dead game.

A game with only a handful of players is a dead game, end of story.

Reactions: TheGoden
Upvote 0

lol got to admit i was suprised when i saw a person using a mortar on THAT game, was right after i thought it would be cool if they had protable arty like mortars lol.

idk RO2 isnt dead i would say, but its very difficult to find a good server with a playable ping.

Upvote 0
No , a game is dead when his community is dead ... when there are no competitions , mods and so ...

And this game ( RO2 ) was just added to clanbase, has several mods coming and loads of free content from the Devs, so no problems there for RO2.

When a games community is dead, nobody plays it anymore. People still play RO1 and at least one of it's mods, so a small community of regulars still remains, hence the game is alive and kicking.

If you think otherwise can we just agree to disagree because this is pointless? Especially talking about RO1 because I don't care about it, I have RO2 :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.