• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Support Forum.

This is where you are dead wrong. No expectation of individual attention from the devs is reasonable on the forums. As someone else mentioned this is not a support ticket system.

A reasonable expectation is that people actually read the forum. It's more of a library than a drive through window. You have to look for the information you're after as opposed to pulling up and placing an order.

In answer to the devs answering

it doesn't have to be a dev just someone either re-directing them to previous posts or sending them to the right link, surly thats just what you'd expect from a support forum.

If thats not the case why call it support, wouldn't self help or something along those lines be a better name and as you've raised the idea of a ticketing system - where does one go for this ? - do TWI actually have a ticketing system ? i have no idea if they do or dont

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more with the OP! I have posted issues myself...and the one who actually gave some advice was Das Bose.

I never heard from anyone related to TWI and they didn't acknowledge there was a problem with realtek drivers. This might be why the community and player base for this game are dying!

Upvote 0
This is where you are dead wrong. No expectation of individual attention from the devs is reasonable on the forums. As someone else mentioned this is not a support ticket system.

A reasonable expectation is that people actually read the forum. It's more of a library than a drive through window. You have to look for the information you're after as opposed to pulling up and placing an order.

True this is not a support ticket system, but this forum does have a support board and even a bug report board.
Sure people should search on the forum 1st to look for an answer. It would indeed reduce the number of duplicate bug reports. On the other hand, this is a forum, so who stops us from redirecting someone to the right post/thread? A forum stands and falls by the users and it is guarded by the moderators. But its the users that make it to a success.

Upvote 0

If they had an alternative to the forum like a ticket system e.t.c then we could use that, but they don't so we are forced to use the forum.

For that reason alone somebody should be keeping an eye on it and posting to keep people up to date. As it stands, if people have an issue they post it and then sit and wait indefinitely with no idea if it has even been acknowledged.

Hardly ideal, well not for the end user anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Completely agree Das Bose

I am one of those affected by the problem of PUNKBUSTER cause FREEZE, and have not received any help or recommendation to solve the problem.

Some examples:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65086

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=67697

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70224
I'd particularly love some sort of answer regarding the Punkbuster freeze. I've already opened a ticket with their (worthless) tech support, and nothing they told me to do helped.

It's rather gamebreaking considering that 90% of the game's active servers (not many to begin with) are running Punkbuster, and they always cause my PC to totally lock up.

Upvote 0
As it stands, if people have an issue they post it and then sit and wait indefinitely with no idea if it has even been acknowledged.

Hardly ideal, well not for the end user anyway.

As it stands, people are using it wrong.

As you said, the current method of using the support forums for most people seem to be:

1. Find a problem with their game.
2. Go to forums.
3. Post they have an issue.
4. Sit and wait for someone (a Dev) to personally respond to their problem and give them a lollipop.
5. Get frustrated, go to General and complain.

When in fact it is suppose to work like:

1. Find a problem with their game.
2. Search forums for similar issues.
3. Find other people having issues like theirs.
4. Read suggestions and possible solutions to issues.
5. Attempt the suggestions and possible solutions.
6. If 3 or 5 has failed: Open new post describing a NEW issue.
7. Forum members read issue, think about issue, possibly point user to posts/info they have missed.
8. Dev eventually notices a new issue among the handful of new threads opened in the past few days while they were working on things, and addresses it.

As it is now, people are flooding the Bug and Support forum with useless junk, making it hundreds of times harder for developers to actually get a clear idea of what is going on. Without a clear idea of what is going on, it becomes extremely hard to fix issues.

Upvote 0
Just because we don't reply to every thread doesn't mean we are ignoring the problems.

As has been pointed out, we have actually replied about most of the problems listed, but they seem to be getting lost in the flood of new posts on the same topic. We are looking into ways to make the message more clear. We don't have the bandwidth to reply to every post and still fix the issues.

The support forums works like the following:

1) Somebody posts a problem
2) The problem is replicated if possible and put into our bug tracking system
3) The issue is prioritized based on the number of complaints about it. Crashes and things that stop people from playing the game get prioritized to the top no matter what.
4) We may or may not reply to any particular thread saying we are working on it or request more information.
5) The code team works on a fix for any issue, we test it in house if we can
6) We roll out a beta patch and ask the extended beta community to test it
7) The next patch goes live.

Rinse and repeat. This is how we worked in RO 1, this is how we worked in KF, and this is how we are working in RO 2. As I said earlier we are looking into ways to make this more clear.

Case in point. We fixed an issue where next to nobody would see servers in the browser. Now the majority do, but there is still an issue where weaker routers see the flood of traffic from steam as an attack and shut it down. We did not address that yet, and are looking into what we can do with Valve. We have tried several things so far working with our external testers who experience it but nothing yet has solved the issue. We continue to work on it and it has a high priority.

For the reported hit cylinder issue, we have so far not been able to reproduce it and nobody has been able to get us a reliable reproduction to cause it to happen. Without one this issue is pretty much dead in the water until we get a better reproduction. It is something I have the QA team working on near constantly between other tasks.

The micro-stutter is caused by one of your game threads capping out (most likely the main game thread). It is something we are working towards reducing with our optimization passes in code and maps.

Upvote 0
That is one of the "fun" issues that I cannot replicate here in the office or even at home. We are passing what info we get to EB.

Oh well, not exactly what people wanted to hear but at least they know you are aware of it now. I fixed it by buying a soundcard :eek: Incidentally if you contact EB and report the issue they say there is nothing they can do and to contact Realtek, who give similiar advice.

Thanks Yosh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I rarely complain & I do browse the forums daily, so I'm usually in the knowing of things, but I have to say, their way of communication is awful for a company. After reading Yoshiro's post in here saying that's how they've always done it, just made me laugh. It's a terrible system & times & customers' demands change. Not adapting to change causes problems. How hard is it to assign someone to make a bloody sticky and mention this ****? It'd solve all kinds of problems. I even posted in the ideas & suggestions forum for a near perfect system to benefit everyone, even the busy developers.

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Case in point. We fixed an issue where next to nobody would see servers in the browser. Now the majority do, but there is still an issue where weaker routers see the flood of traffic from steam as an attack and shut it down. We did not address that yet, and are looking into what we can do with Valve. We have tried several things so far working with our external testers who experience it but nothing yet has solved the issue. We continue to work on it and it has a high priority.

Hi Yosh!

Do you mean the "Paused" message some people are getting when trying to join a server?
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64575

My friend wants to ask for a refund because he cant play the game at all, i'm trying to stop him, i want to play with him, if he just knew that you're aware of the prob and working on it i'm sure he will wait.

Upvote 0
I'd particularly love some sort of answer regarding the Punkbuster freeze. I've already opened a ticket with their (worthless) tech support, and nothing they told me to do helped.

It's rather gamebreaking considering that 90% of the game's active servers (not many to begin with) are running Punkbuster, and they always cause my PC to totally lock up.

What gets me is that pukebuster will kick you from a server with it shut off , if you have it disabled on the game on your system? What kind of garbage intrusive programming is that?

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to pull down the entire work item list from visual studios ( assuming thats what your working with ), and post it up somewhere for the users to see?

Short of that ( sorry to beat this dead horse ), some community mods could really help clean up the bug report forum by merging duplicate threads, and helping to spread answers out to more users.

Upvote 0
I rarely complain & I do browse the forums daily, so I'm usually in the knowing of things, but I have to say, their way of communication is awful for a company. After reading Yoshiro's post in here saying that's how they've always done it, just made me laugh. It's a terrible system & times & customers' demands change. Not adapting to change causes problems. How hard is it to assign someone to make a bloody sticky and mention this ****? It'd solve all kinds of problems. I even posted in the ideas & suggestions forum for a near perfect system to benefit everyone, even the busy developers.
What is this brand new "sticky" technology you speak of?! My word, it sounds revolutionary!

:rolleyes: +1

Upvote 0